(27) Become My Number #1

BAKUGO POV:

Two groups have already gone and the fastest time was still only 12 minutes, cutting it pretty close to the 13 minute deadline. Slow ass mofo's.

I glanced at the scoreboard. Class 1-B was ahead by 2 minutes. I scoffed. Not for long.

Kirishima excitedly tapped my back. "Bro, you ready?" I wrapped our team bandanna around my head, and put on the orange team shirt-- throwing my black 'explosive' shirt to the side.

I took a sip of cold water and exhaled, throwing my bottle down at the floor. "You better believe it!" Tch. I'm gonna go win this thing. I cracked my knuckles and stretched out my back.

It was time.

Midnight yelled. "EVERYONE FROM GROUP 3, GO TO YOUR MARKS!" I jogged to my mark, getting ready to take off. "AND AUDIENCE, FEEL FREE TO CHEER ON YOUR TEAMMATES." She added.

Random girls who weren't even from my class cheered me on. "Bakugo win first place!" "Eee your so cool!!" "We believe in you!" "I love you, win for us!!" I ignored them and looked around trying to find y/n. After nearly 30 seconds I gave up my search.

..She isn't here..why did I expect her to cheer me on..?

Midnight continued. "...GET SET!"

My eyes widened as I heard a staggered yet familiar voice from the crowd. "G-GO BAKUGO! Y-YOU CAN DO I-IT!" That voice...

Y/n..?! I've never turned my head so fast before in my entire life.

Following her voice, our eyes met even through the thick crowd. When I looked at her, all the noise around us seemed to drown out.

I held my gaze on her for as long as I could.

Tch, isn't she supposed to be getting ready at her arena? She's next isn't she? Dumbass..

I fought back the blush that fiercely threatened to paint my cheeks.

She yelled out again from the crowd, more confident this time. "DON'T LOSE IDIOT! I-IF YOU DO, I'LL BEAT YOU UP. POW POW POW! NO MERCY."

She gestured to herself and then slowly held up her index finger, not saying a word more.

I looked up at the ceiling and covered my face with my hand so I could hide the smile that refused to remove itself from my face.

Me, I'm the only person who understands what she means by that.

I met her gaze again, pointing at her directly. "JUST WAIT! I-I'M GOING TO BE YOUR NUMBER ONE!" I paused. "Tch...so don't underestimate me!"

She smiled.

I won't lose. I can't, not with her watching.

"..GO!"

I took the lead being the first person to reach the monkey bars. "One-hand monkey bars? Tch, what a joke." I crossed all 20 one handed monkey bars in a record breaking 10 seconds.

The crowd went wild. "In 10 seconds?! Whoaaa!" "That beat the fastest one hand monkey bar time by a whole minute!!" "Ahhhh he's so cool!" "Marry me Bakugo!!" Losers, should've played outside more when you were kids I guess.

I glanced back at the crowd. She was still there.
I smiled to myself and darted off even faster than the last time, being the first person to reach the ropes.

Midnight and the annoying Loud Guy with the mic announced. "Oh but look! The hardbody twins aren't too far behind!! They are already half way finished-- setting a new second best record!! This is still anyone's game!" I glanced back at Kirishima and Tetsutetsu, who were crossing the first stage at nearly the exact same pace.