(65) Paranoid

Y/N POV: 

(Sorry that this is a short chapter. I've fallen very sick, so I'm just trying to write as many chapters as possible. I'll see if I can write one more today but thank you for the support!)

Later, I sat on the bed, on my phone as Bakugo prepared our bags. 

"Y/n what fucking else do you need?" I called out. "Nothing, let's just go to bed!!" as I clicked off my phone and threw it to the side. "Alright," he comfortably slid under the covers and wrapped himself around me as I curled into a ball under him-- our nightly routine.

"Are you excited?" I asked. "Huh?" He replied. "You know, like for the trip.." He shrugged. "Yeah, but it kinda sucks since I won't be able to sleep with you for like 2 days." I hummed in agreement as I ran my hands through his hair for comfort. 

"Suki..I've got a bad feeling about this trip." He pulled my hands out of his hair and looked up at me, searching my eyes for answers. "What do you mean?" 

When I didn't answer him, he flipped me over on top of him. "Y/n. Tell me."

I broke eye contact with him. "Nothing..I'm probably just paranoid. Let's not talk about this anymore.. We have a long day tomorrow.."

"Fine." He brought my head closer into his chest, warmly stroked my back and pressed his lips against my ear. "Everything will be fine as long as I'm here." 

And even though, I knew it wouldn't be, and that everything would not be fine because something was telling me it wasn't, his words and soft tone convinced me otherwise. Because deep down in my heart maybe that's what I wanted to believe.