(43) Call Me Whenever

BAKUGO POV:

"Bzzz, Bzzz" What the hell..? I rubbed my eyes and reached for my phone. 3:11 am, I read. "Who the fuck is calling me at this time?" I groaned as I picked up the phone. "Bakugo.." I recognized her weak voice immediately. "Oh Y/n, it's just you.. Why are you calling me at 3 am." I raised my voice. "Your safe right?" Her voice broke. "Yeah..I just wanted to talk.."

"Bullshit. At 3 goddamn am?! What's wrong Y/n? Tell me the real reason because when I gave you my damn number it wasn't an invitation to interrupt my sleep schedule dummy." She responded with another lie. "Nothing is wrong..I guess I was just bored..that's all." "Tch," I scoffed. "You're so stubborn you know that right?" She stayed silent. "Fine... if you don't have anything important to say to me, I'm going to hang up on you." "No!" She sniffled.

And that's when I was able to figure out what happened.

I sighed. "Y/n...did you have a nightmare again? If you did..you can just tell me, okay?" Her voice got shaky and I could hear her trembling. "How did you know..?" I responded in a more gentle tone than usual. "I can..hear it in your voice. I know when you're about to cry..and the way you sound before you cry is different depending on the situation.." She stammered. "D-Do you know what each of my cries sounds like..?" I smiled. "We've been living together for about a month now..not that I pay that much a-attention to you...It's obvious anyway.."

Even though I could only hear her over the phone, I could tell she was desperately trying to hold back tears. "Y/n, listen to me. I dunno what you're so worried about or what exactly was in your dream but I won't hang up on you or judge you so just talk, talk to me."

She suddenly bursted into tears over the phone. "K-Katsuki...you were gone.." Her voice was so weak and fragile that it made me want to hold her, hold her tight, but she was at Mina's. "So..you dreamt you lost me huh?" "Mhm.." She cried even harder. "Hey, hey, don't. Don't cry, you're not gonna lose me. Not now, not ever. I lov-" dammit. I can't say it.

As she told me more and more about her dream, I spoke softly into the phone. "You really think I'm going to let a stupid villain kill me?" I could hear her small breaths getting faster and faster. "Hey, I'm right here. Deep breath's okay? Calm down, and listen to the sound of my voice for a little bit. Can you do that for me?" "...Okay.." She replied.

The words flew out of my mouth like a song I never learned the words to. "I know how it feels to have shit nightmares. To wake up in a cold sweat with your heart pounding forcefully against your abdomen to the point that it aches. And as much as I hate it, you're not okay at all right now. So whenever you need me, tell me okay? Cuz I'll be here for you..." I clenched my eyes shut because for some odd reason it always helped me get words out easier.

"No matter the time or place, I won't get mad. Even if you want to call me at 3 am, 4 am, 5 am or hell, even 6 am, call me. You're the only person in the whole world, I'll give permission to bug me like this. So everything's gonna be okay alright? I just wanna hear you say it., say that you're okay." Her sniffling stopped. "Katsu, I'm okay.."

"Thank god..." I exhaled in relief as I threw my 'plus ultra' ball into the air and caught it before it landed on my bed. "You know...if I'm being honest, I'm kinda glad you called me today. I-I uh had a pretty hectic day and I guess you could say I missed you or w-whatever. Maybe..I needed to hear your voice too."

She giggled softly as I took a deep breath. "You know..the other night..I woke up with slits in my eyes..because I also dreamed I lost you..It worried me and made me feel sick to my stomach." "Really?" I could hear her eyes sparkling. "Go to sleep dummy." She protested. "No..you'll leave me.." I smiled. "I'll stay on the other line. I won't hang up so stop your whining. I'm tired but I'll stay awake till I hear you snore." "H-Hey I do not!" I laughed. "You do! Pfttt, stop being loud and go relax." "But-" I cut her off. "No buts, just sleep. Don't worry, you will see me soon. Real soon."

I muted myself and got my keys. Where the hell even is Mina's house?!