Epilogue

A few weeks later

Felicia had just finished up attending her court case where she was put on the spot. The judge had asked her to explain her side of the story since Cleo had been arrested and was now sentenced to life in prison. Avis hadn't faired so well either as once Cordell explained who he really to a newly returned James.  The state looked him up and discovered he had been charged with over fifty murders in the past twenty years and had escaped from an insane asylum. Where he forced the real Arthur Avis to work for him, believe it or not Miles was actually the real CEO of the company.

She had a hard time believing that Miles was going to get off easily, but at least he hadn't shared the terrible fate of his former boss. Who was locked up with no other than Stan and kept there until he succumbed to his illness, making his death slow and painful. Felicia still couldn't believe that after everything that man had put her through, he had died like a normal person. He always seemed like a monster who would have to be shot down, but this taught her that people can sometimes be the worst kind of monster. After being cleared of all charges, she found herself sitting in a court room again only this time it was just her and her father.

"Dad there is no need to be nervous." She told once she noticed his hand was shaking a bit.
"I can't help it sweetheart this feels unfair," Cordell answered. "I shouldn't have to ask for court permission of my own child." She smiled at his words hoping to cheer him up and hugged his arm. It was a little childish but Cordell let her bubbly personality go, she had never really gotten a chance to be a kid, so of course she was going to act like one now.
"It's Uncle Liam I'm sure he will understand." Felicia responded. Cordell smiled before giving her a kiss on the forehead. She faked being disgusted and sat back in her seat while he chuckled.
"Yes I'm sure he will." He said.

Minutes later Liam came in holding a stack of papers for custody of a child.
"You wish to gain full custody of her and create a birth certificate?" Liam asked.
"Its twenty years late but yes that's what I want." Cordell answered as was signing a stack of papers. After arresting Cleo and running into his daughter when she ran out of the hospital to figure out what was going on. The two of them had a much needed fight before coming to terms with their reality. He was her father and she was his child, but how did they make up for lost time? It wasn't going to be easy but after everything they didn't want to lose each other, so they came to an understanding. They would spend time getting to know the other before he took her in.

"Correction its what we both want," Felicia added in. "And better late than never I always say." Liam reminded mostly professional with them despite his happiness at seeing his family come back together. Everyone has surprisingly become happier after learning that Felicia was actually Ashyla. His parents had been all over her spoiling her at any chance they got. Felicia welcomed it because she had never had grandparents before. Stella and August even treated each other better when she was around, making them closer than typical teenage siblings. Ashyla also threatened Colton and a girl August liked like any big sister would.

Liam himself also enjoyed reconnecting with his niece, as she was in general just pleasant to be around. Though what wasn't pleasant was the fact that Jessy ended up having to break up with her, after she got offered a job in another city. It wasn't an easy decision to make but the two remainded on good terms, and Felicia was attempting to get Jake to ask her out.
"Is there anything else I can help you with?" Liam asked.
"Oh just one more thing," she said. "Just call me Ashyla, my mom picked it, so I think I can get used it."