Prologue Chapter 2

(y/n) POV

"We're done with orientation and dorm assignment?" asks Riddle no one in peticular. "All right, new students. Let me be clear. In Heartslabyul, I am the law, alright. Break the rules, and it's off with your head!" he screams at the new arrivals. I could almost swear that a few of them were shivering. Man am I glad that I have a lazy lion as dormleader and not a red tyrant. I'd rather do nothing or just a few tasks with few rules than be ordered around by someone smaller than me. Ooooh... I shouldn't let Riddle ever know what I think of his size. I wouldn't want to get collared like a certain hyena that I know who accidently stepped on his foot during class the other day. I remember having to escort Ruggie to Riddle to release him from that spell. We had magic casting class that day and the teacher didn't take it as an excuse not to participate. *Yawn*"Well, that ceremony was as boring as ever. I'm going back to the dorm. If you're in Savanaclaw House, follow me." Leona, my dormleader said after giving a big yawn showing his teeth to the herbivore specimen and scaring them away from him. As for the older people, the second and third years all had a dumbfounded look on their faces Ruggie and Jack included. There truly is nothing that can top our leaders laziness. I sweatdroped.

"New Students! Allow me to be the first to congratulate you on your achievement. As dorm leader of Octavielle House, I am honoured to have the opportunity to support you in what I hope will be a fulfilling campus experience!" Azul says with a friendly smile. The people that know him, including me, can see the mischievous look under the friendly façade. Azul's probably already making plans to trick the new students into contracts with him. A shiver ran down my spine as I remember the time he tricked me into one of those. He stole all of my desert and I had to do whatever he wanted for a full week. I had invisible tears running down my cheeks. ....My dessert. "Hey does anyone know where the headmage went? He disappeared midway through the ceremony." Vil mentions and gets me out of my trance. "Well some headmage he is" Idia says through his floating tablet. "maybe he got a tummy ache?" Kalim asks.

 Suddenly the big doors flung open and the mentioned person runs through the door dragging a person and a racoon behind him. "I almost certainly did not!" Crowley, the headmage and principal screams at Kalim and the others. "Ah speak of the devil." Riddle scoffs. "If you must know, I was searching for the new students who'd failed to show upfor orientation. You are the only one who has yet to be assigned a dorm. Step up to the dark mirror, and be quick about it. I'll watch your weasel" Is it a weasel? I thought it is a racoon. The THING growls at Crowley who just ignores him. "State your name" "I'm Yuu" "Yuu... the nature of your soul is .... ..... .... ..... unclear to me." Dark mirror finishes shocking all of us. "What did you say?" Crowley asks again. "I sense no magical power from this one. Soundless, shapeless, Utterly vacant. Therefore, no dorm would be appropriate." Dark mirror explains his decision. "Are you suggesting that the black carriage went to receive a person who cannot use magic? But that is absurd! The student selection process has not erred once in it's century of existence! How could this have happened?" Crowley questions. "ME! Let ME have IT!" Screams the cat-weasel-racoon. "Not so fast, you hyperactive weasel!" Crowley screams annoyed. "Unlike that human, I can actually use magic! So let me be a student here! Look, I'll show you! My spells're the cats meow!" He says while the fire in his ears increases in size. "Everyone get down!" Riddle commands as the new students quickly follow his instructions. Suddenly the whole room is now on blue fire. "AHHHH! HELP" I'm on fire here!" screams Kalim as he tries to put out the fire on his butt. I promptly wlk over to him and put out the fire with some magic. "Thanks (y/n)!" he thanks me with a big smile causing me to smirk back at him. "Someone catch that blasted animal before it sets the entire school ablaze!" Crowley demands in worry. "Ugh. Can I go now, or?" Leona asks annoyed that he can't go to sleep again. What a lazy lion I think with a smirk. "Oh? I thought you fancied yourself a hunter. Go and help yourself to that plump little morsel!" Vil says to Leona. "Too much effort do it yourself" "Let me handle this Headmage Crowley." Azul bids. "Way to go Azul. Rackin' up those participation credits" Idia nags at Azul. *sigh* Guess I'll do it myself. 

"I'm on it" I say loud enough for them to hear. "I'll hold him still for you so you do your magic Riddle"