Prologue- Chapter 10

"Pretty cool, huh? Not like some piddling weasel."

"Myah?!" Grim screeches.

"Pfft... Ah ha ha! I can't hold it back anymore! Ahahahaahaha! Come on, you're the ones who turned orientation into such a fiasco, right? The one summoned by the Dark Mirror who can't even use magic, and the monster no one summoned at all. It took everything I had not to burst into laughter right in the middle of the ceremony!" Ace makes fun of Yuu and Grim snickering.

"H-Hey! You don't gotta be a jerk about it!" Kitty screams.

"So in the end, neither of you got admitted, AND you're janitors now? Ah ha ha! So lame!" Ace laughs.

"What did you call me!" Grim continues the confrontation.

"And you're both so clueless you don't even know who the great seven are. Not even one of them! Maybe before you try getting into the academy again, you ought to take a second to crack at kindergarten? Ah ha ha!"

"GRRRRR....!" Ratty growls taking a step towards the card student.

"Uh-oh. This isn't gonna end well. Okay! Let's just all..." Yuu tries to deescalate the situation but gets ignored. He takes a step back to back out of their confrontation.

"Anyway, just thought I'd tease you a bit. And I am glad I did. It's been a blast! Unlike you, I actually have classes to get to, so I'll let you get back to picking up trash. Bye!" Ace attempts to walk away after annoying Grim, but gets stopped.

"Myuh-uh! You ain't walking away from me! It's too late for that! Myaaah!" Grim screams annoyed.

"Whoa!"

"No one makes fun of Grim! Master of fire! I'm gonna make that explodey-head of yours explode all over again!" Grim nags.

"Explodey-head?! You wanna throw down with me, shorty? You got some guts. You wanna talk hair, huh? I'm gonna shave you like a toy poodle!"

"Myaaah!"

"Oh-ho?! How do you like that?!" Ace tries a comeback. I smirk a little finding this confrontation amusing.

"H-Hey! His magic winds are blowing my fireballs off course! No fair!" Grim screams.

My sensitive ears pick up the conversations around us.

"What's going on over there? A fight?!" A student asks another shocked.

"Oh, sweet! Get'em!" Another student hypes them up, enjoying the fight. Probably a Savanaclaw student.

"Let's all take this down a notch!" Yuu tries again.

Yuu takes another step back trying to get away from this dangerous child argument. After taking the step, his foot lands on something fluffy.

Giving a hiss directed at Yuu after he stepped on my tail, he jumps due to it being so sudden. The two arguers in the background continue throwing fire and wind at each other.

"(Y/n)! What are you doing here!?" Yuu asks surprised.

"Well... This was my hideout from a certain hunter till you came and started arguing. Or more specifically till you stepped...on....my.... Tail!" I emphasize him stepping on my tail with an annoyed tone. I clench my tail in my hand protecting it from his darn feet.

"OH NO! Now the Queen of Hearts's statue looks like it's been flame-boiled!" Ace screams and regains the attention of Yuu and I.

"What's going on here? Cease this at once!" The headmage Crowley demands while arriving.

"Not more lashing of love! I'm still sore from yesterday!" Grim screams.

"As if the likes of you could ever flee from me! Hah... Did I not just warn you? And now you've charred one of my statues?! It's almost as though you want to be expelled!" Crowley grumbles mad.

"NO! Forgive me!" Ace begs the headmaster.

I look at their argument with big eyes and raised ears, clearly intrigued by the conversation.

"And you Yuu... and (Y/n)? Anyway. You were specifically told to keep Grim under control!"

"I'm sorry." Yuu mumbles.

"Crowley!," I gain his attention, "he tried those two just wouldn't listen." I defend the magic less student.

"Aha. And you! State your name and grade." Crowley turns to the other freshman.

"Ace Trappola... Freshman." He says in a low tone.

"Then listen well, Trappola. You too, Grim and Yuu. As punishment for today's infractions, you are hereby ordered to wash a hundred windows as well to supervise them, Yuu!" Crowley decides his final punishment.

"Myah!? That's what you get for making fun of me! This is all your fault!" Grim screams at Ave mockingly.

"What?! I have to do it too?!" Ace says dumbfounded.

"Of course you do. You will meet in the cafeteria after class. Are we clear?!" Crowley says giving orders.

This whole situation reminds me of the time back then when Leona always caused trouble that always ended with Mall, Leona and me in trouble. Well I was mostly only present and got punished for being absent from whatever was currently. Whether it be silent hours, where you'd have to be in your dorm, or classes. Well I was mostly sleeping somewhere and they joined, only for it to end in an argument between them.

"Yes sir." "Ugh, I just can't catch a break!"

I try to sneak somewhere else, because I don't wanna go to class. I'd have to face a grumpy lion or a perverted hunter.... Or worse Lilia and his cooking that can deliver you straight to the nurse.... Ugh...

"(Y/n)!" I flinch, "I better see you walking into your classroom, which is, by the way in the opposite direction you're walking to." Crowley says as he comes closer to me placing a hand on my shoulder only to turn my body around, giving me a push into the direction of classes.

"Fine...."