Prologue- Chapter 9

After leaving Leona with the sleeping Ruggie. I grab my stuff and walk to the hall of mirrors where I come face to face with Rook. He looks at me with his disgusting look of endulgment. "Well-well if it isn't monsieur panther. If only you'd let me get some of your wonderful shiny coat. I'd make a beautiful coat, just like our teacher Sir Crewel." He begins to fantasize while I look at him with a mixture of slight fear and disgust. I slowly creep towards the door to the hallway only to shut it fast and rush away towards the Main street of the school.

After running far away from the creep (y/n) breathes heavily and leans against one of the statues of the seven. Sliding down into a sitting position completely disguising one's presence behind the mighty statues.

I slide down to a sloppy cross-legged position. I lean my head against maleficent's podium and let out a shaky breath. Hah... Phew.. Mhm? I hear footsteps coming closer.

"Wow, so this is Main street, huh? This is incredible!" I hear a shriek voice causing me to lower my ears. "I didn't get to see it much yesterday. What's the deal with these seven statues? All their faces are pretty scary. Like, this lady here looks like she's got some real anger management issues." A voice I identify as the rat from yesterday that called itself Grim said.

"You don't know the Queen of Hearts?" a new voice that I don't recognize says.

"Queen of Hearts? Is that some kind of big deal?" Grim asks the newcomer.

"She was the Queen who lived in a mazelike garden of roses long, long ago. She was a strict woman who prioritized order above all. She wouldn't tolerate a rose being off-colour, or her playing card soldiers being out of step. She basically ruled over a kingdom of madness, but not one of her subjects dared to defy her. You wanna know why? Because the punishment for breaking a rule was immediate decapitation!" the voice explains. "Wah! That is seriously messed up!" Grim screeches.

"Pretty cool, right? I'm a big fan of hers. I mean, who would bother to obey a queen that was kind all the time?" 'Dude' says. "Yeah, true. A leader needs to be strong. But putting that aside... Who are you?" Grim asks. "Name's Ace. I'm a first year student here, as of... today! Pleased to meetcha!" Ace introduces himself to Yuu and Grim. "I'm Grim and this is my far less interesting hench-human Yuu" Grim says. "Yuu? Huh. Name's got an odd ring to it." Ace finishes.

"I'm not a hench-anything, but it's still nice to meet you."- "So tell me, Ace. Is that lion with a scar over the eye a famous ruler too?" Grim refers to the other statue Scar. "Of course! That's the King of Beasts who ruled over the savannah. But he wasn't born into the throne, he had to earn it through hard work and elaborate schemes. When he became king, he decreed that the hyena would be pariahs no more, and should live among his subjects as equals." "Sounds like a great dude! Hot everyone's able to look past social status like that. Who's the lady with the octopus legs?" Grim asks again. "That's the sea with who lived in an underwater grotto. She basically devoted er life to helping about troubled merfolk. If they were willing to pay the price, she'd help them change their appearance, find love, whatever! They say she was so good, there was no wish she couldn't grant. They also say the price was a tad steep though. But she was granting wishes! Of course it was!" Ace introduces Ursula.

This continues for some time with grim asking about the statue displayed and ace explaining their history and origin. Until...

"Hmmm. That is something. Think he could have that much power and not let it go to his head! And that last one there, with the horns?" Grim asks as they walk closer to the last statue. That's the Thorn Fairy who lived on a mythical mountain. She was noble and elegant, and a master of magic and curses- even by the standards of these seven! She could even turn herself into a giant dragon."

"Ooh, a dragon! What all monsters yearn to be!"

"Pretty cool, huh? Not like some piddling weasel."