𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

* * *

𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐚 , 𝐝𝐯𝐬𝐧

𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐚 , 𝐝𝐯𝐬𝐧 .

┌─⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─┐

𝐧𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓𝐭𝐡 .

└─ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─┘

november is a peculiar month.

for some, it means fall colors- orange, brown, yellows and things such as warm pumpkin flavors and spice lattes. to some, it is merely what it is- the eleventh month of the year before the seasons completely change and allow the world to slip into a frozen tundra , stealing away the last glimpses of good weather before the frigid cold onsets. november is not too cool and not too warm- just right, and at the same time not right at all.

still, almost everybody can stop and appreciate the bright orange, auburn leaves that crisp the ground every time the sole of their boots come across natures discarded artwork.

everybody.
everybody, except the rather frantic intern who's heels would simply not push her as far as she needed as she sped through the hallways, pushing and weaving through small groups of employees who simply scowled over at her seemingly rude actions. still, she had already spilled a bit of the coffe she was ordered to deliver on her white blouse and it was sure to not come out- like, who drinks just black coffee without anything? no creamer- no sugar, no anything; just pure gas in a cup.

at least in her favor, the meetings scheduled for that day were only the third instead of the tenth floor- that would've been rather troublesome, but as an intern, the tenth floor was practically a famed myth to her. almost nobody got up there, because he did not like for anybody to see his office and though there were many rumors about what might've been going on up there, nobody quite knew for sure because if one thing was for sure, it was that he liked his privacy more than anything- much more than people.

perhaps that was why she was so panicked as she pulled her blazer closer to the center of her chest, making the stain considerably less noticeable- or so she hoped as she pulled down her pencil skirt before calmly knocking on the door of the conference room- the last door on the right side of the hallway.

"you're late." a woman with long, curled black hair, pale skin and crimson red lips hissed in form of a misplaced greeting, furrowing her thin, black brows as she scowled over at the other who didn't even have time to scramble apologies before the higher snatched the coffee out of her hand. the woman's face simply sunk as her heels echoed in the silent room, clicking against the floor in the silent room full of individuals that were not at all like her- they were men, mostly older, and dressed in stuffy suits, all except one who unlike everybody else, had not one grey hair in sight.