𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

* * *

𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐞 , 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐲𝐚𝐳

𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐞 , 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐲𝐚𝐳 .

┌─⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─┐

𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐨𝐨𝐧.

└─ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─┘

𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯.

the cold, autumn breeze exchanged a strange companionship with the warming light of the sun, making for a somewhat beautiful mix of weather, one cold enough for a light jacket but warm enough for the grass to still be graced with emerald green hues of freshness and the sky to be accompanied by the small laughs of children brought by their parents to expell their pent-up energy before the season declared they couldn't.

indigo, however could've used some silence as he sat directly across from the swings on a bench, his knees, clothed in a fuzzy pair of dark blue pajamas bunched to his chest, his observant brown orbs resting on his toddler whom had insisted on only needing a headstart before beginning to swing on his own. with those long legs of his, it couldn't be that hard.

"thank you." indigo hummed, his voice more than a somewhat distant whisper as aitana appeared out of nowhere, handing him a small plastic bag. the older didn't say anything, only audibly smacking on the bubblegum she had taxed him as the cost of making her walk to the nearest bodega- though she herself had offered and it was only half a block away. in fact, aitana had no shame in staring down her friend's back- she knew what shame she implied as she watched indigo open the mini-packet of advil he requested , slipping them in his mouth and swallowing them down with a bottle of alkaline water- she knew, and she couldn't help it even if she tried.

"so he was all up in you like that-"
"cállate," indigo whispered, almost barely louder than his last statement, but in all honesty he hadn't said much all afternoon. not when they ate breakfast, cooked by aitana- with a condescending stare- not when they took their walk, angel holding both his mama and his 'tia's hand- whom had a condescending stare- and not even now. "don't you see my hijo over there?"

"yea, over there." aitana emphasized, before plopping hersef down next to the blonde, obviously upset by her harsh exhale. "you know how shocked my ass was to walk in and see the mothafucka we been sneak dissin for five years?"

"you been dissin him." indigo corrected. "i've been moping."
"como quieras llamarlo, cariño... pero tener relaciones con él- in..in that house? i just-"

"i know." the dominican shouted, his quiet sensitivity and rationale completely seeming to peel off of him like a superficial mask he was tired of wearing as he seemed to physically search for words, his lashes batting as he glanced around in quick short, bursts of movement, his mouth open as if he was trying to create words for her. aitana only watched with eyes narrowed into a glare, rolling them as she watched him try to rationalize his own bullshit. "you- you just don't understand! he was supposed to be sleepin on the couch b-"
"but you're weak as fuck in the knees."