𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

* * *

*  *  *

𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 , 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐫 .

┌─⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─┐

𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐧𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟔𝐭𝐡; 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 .

└─ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─┘

𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯.

"...tana, i really don't know about this."

the small murmur of doubt from the nineteen year old was met with the chatter of the department store enclosed around the dressing room he tentatively stood in. indigo's somewhat wary eyes inspected the foreign image in front of him that he wasn't too fond of, testified in the stiff language of his body.

"what's wrong?" the older asked, busting through the curtain of the dressing room with absolutely no warning. despite being fully covered, indigo immediately covered his chest and crotch, as if a reflex, causing his friend to giggle a bit. "indigo, baby. it's a dress, not a g-string."
"it's too tight." the dominican muttered, his wild black curls slightly hiding the defense in his eyes that so heavily accosted aitana who had, once again dragged him on one of her endless shopping trips; instead, this time, he was the focus and even his endless pleas would not distract the latina from her goal. aitana raised a thoughtful brow, glancing at the image indigo seemed to hate so much in the mirror, though her inspecting hazel orbs could not decipher the same thing as him.

"no. it's just bodycon," the woman gently denied, despite the simmering concern brewing in the younger's face as he pulled down the tight, formfitting garment; despite the fact it was nearly the plainest dress in the store, the thought of being seen in it made indigo want to cry or worse. it was too new to him; much too big of a step to take, especially right now. he had too many things to worry about and it showed upon his downward brow and the small, black infant carrier next to him
. aitana further studied the boy, slightly nibbling her lower lip before questioning him with her gaze. "what's wrong wit it?"
"it fit too tight." indigo repeated, slightly annoyed as he raised a pierced brow, as if to prove something. "can i take it off now?"

"you not even looking at yo self in the damn mirror." aitana glared back, her attitude much stronger than that of the tired mother's who couldn't even protest the speed of aitana's actions, only grimacing as aitana's dominant hand forced his chin to align with her line of sight. indigo sighed, submitting his eyesight miserably to the picture aitana so badly wanted him to gauge, her manicured fingers still holding his chin in place as she narrowed her eyes in the mirror. the long, white strapless sundress stretched over his torso like a second skin, clearly illuminating the best parts of his body- his beautiful, curved waist that led down to his perfect, flaring hips. the fabric of the white material seemed to cascade over him, framing the desirable shape of his backside and legs.

the latina paused, eyeing the boy silently who's expression had not budged the slightest, questioning whether or not he truly could not see what she did. it was as if he was clueless to his own beauty- his own assets, his own charm- everything. it was an observation aitana had come to rather quickly after spending the last year with him, and one that she was determined to give to indigo.

how could she ever let such beauty go unrecognized in the first place; such potential?

the girl's eyes seemed to shine as she simply drew away her hand, the ninteen year old meeting her gaze for a split second.

"try the other one one an see which one you get, cariño. "
"tana, i really appreciate the opportunity an you so kind for tryna buy-"

"do you trust me?" the girl interrupted, completely ceasing the denial certain to leave the younger's lips, who simply nodded. aitana's eyes seemed to be blank as she considered the answer, blinking momentarily before once again inspecting indigo in the mirror. indigo, however, stared solely at her, the pace of his heartbeat rising as he tried to decipher the intent of her gaze, one that was hard not to mistake for what it was the boy swore he could recognize; he had seen it many times, but could never quite put his finger on it- or more so, chose not to. the curlyheaded boy's dark eyes followed the twenty-one year old who once again appeared next to him in the mirror, this time slightly behind him so that he had no choice but to see his silhouette whilst looking at her. the dominican stiffened a bit as the woman enclosed the space between the two, so close that his backside lightly rested over her lower torso. the nineteen year old boy could barely manage his reaction to her being so close, questioning whether the woman was conscious of it or not.

aitana was very touchy; it was something he had came to learn, and something he had to adapt to. at first, he constantly swatted her away; her fleeting touches, tight hugs.. anything having to do with making contact with a physical body. the boy simply could not bring himself to it- not after what had happened, and it had been nearly two years before he finally obliged. it was simply who aitana was, and after getting to know her, indigo accepted it. she was always touching him, and he was always letting her; it didn't matter. best friends are best friends for a reason, and rejecting aitana's love language wasn't something that indigo could do; she accepted his playful insults and bickering, so why should it be one-sided?