𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲.

* * *

𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐚'𝐬 𝐩𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫 , 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐞𝐫, 𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐚

𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐚'𝐬 𝐩𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫 , 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐞𝐫, 𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐚 .

┌─⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─┐

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫.

└─ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─┘

i sigh deeply as i exit the car, grabbing the small bag that holds my belongings as i once again find myself at the familiar apartment.

"thank you." i tell the driver in short before closing the door, beginning to venture towards aitana's abode with a deep feeling of reluctance weighing down the pit of my stomach. perhaps it's because of the same somewhaat numbing feeling in my legs, the same one that has left me with marks on my neck that hide only with the use of concealer or the true apprehension that weighs down on me. jae left first, and even though it was me who insisted we go our seperate ways so as to make the departure less painful, somehow i think it only increased its' quantity. i miss him almost as badly as i did when he had been forever gone to me, but now it feels almost the same; maybe it's because of the time we spent last night, this morning, or everything inbetween that changes my perspective, but the only person i really feel like i have enough presence to be around right now is jae. i've never really opened up to a person like that, and i can't help wanting the comfort of somebody close, even if it just appeared. even despite the relief i feel from jae's acceptance, i cannot help the slow being of fear that creeps upon my spine, tickling the back of my throat as i punch in the code at the entrance of the girls complex; i feel nervous, uneven, and while i try to focus on jae's instructions i also don't know if i've put my trust completely in them.

evgeny is like mold. he's a little speck on the wall that before you know it, begins to grow into a lesion of black matter that makes it harder for you to breathe with each expansion until you can feel him cramming himself into your very biology. he's a rapist, not only because that's exactly what he is but because he likes what he is; he likes to drain the power, life and will from you just to call it his own- he likes to steal, and even while i force myself to try to think about anything else i'm terrified. i'm terrified that right now, he knows exactly what i'm doing- exactly where i am. he has before. i feel watched- like everything i have done with jae has been recorded and written down and added to a list of my apparent sins. he knows everything; where aitana lives, where angel goes to school, where i work, and i love jae and his docile manner but im not sure if it's par to the level of violent power evgeny has, and in numbers all over the city as well.

i try to exhale, only admitting a shaky breath as i let myself into the apartment with my own key, rubbing my somewhat tired eyes. the television plays, and i immediately recognize the sound of angel's favorite program as i sit my bag by the door, taking off my shoes.