sixteen

Note: Alex's dress: https://pin.it/2OhO41m

TW Alcohol Use

- - - - -

December 26th, 1997

When I wake up the next morning my legs are tangled with Theo's underneath the blankets. My head is resting on his bare chest which is rising and falling steadily, and my hand is resting just below his silver chain. Theo's arm is around my waist, holding me close to him. His hand is resting in my hair like he fell asleep playing with it.

As soon as I'm awake enough to remember all of last night's events that led to me waking up in this position, a bit of dread fills my stomach. I tilt my head up slightly to get a better look at Theo.

I don't regret sleeping with Theo, I wanted it. But now I'm wondering where we go from here.

"Stop freaking out," Theo murmurs, his eyes still closed.

"I thought you were still sleeping," I say quietly. I rest my chin on my hands, which are both resting on Theo's chest, and look at him.

"I've been awake long enough to know that you've been awake for less than five minutes and are already stressed out," Theo says, his voice groggy from sleep. His eyes flutter open and he looks down at me and a small smile tugs at his mouth.

I search Theo's eyes. "Do you think last night was a mistake?" I ask.

Theo brushes my hair out of my face and shakes his head. "No, I don't," He answers. "Do you?"

"No-," I start. "Just what if this changes things now? I don't want to wreck our friendship, you're my best friend, Theo."

His face falls slightly and then he nods. "I know, you're my best friend too, Alex," Theo says. "Plenty of friends hookup, it doesn't have to mean anything. We can have sex just to have sex."

"Right," I say. "You're right."

Theo and I don't stay in bed for much longer before we're both out of bed and getting ready for the day. I wash my face and brush my teeth before getting dressed. I put on one of Theo's jumpers that's much too big for me, and start picking up my clothes that were discarded on the floor last night and packing them into my bag.

Theo gets ready as well and watches as I pack everything away.

"Do you want breakfast before you leave?" Theo asks.

I shake my head. "No, thank you, I'll eat with Matt when I get home."

Theo walks me downstairs soon after and we say goodbye. I'll see him tomorrow for Pansy's birthday, so we keep our goodbyes quick.

I walk just past the wards and apparate home, trying my best to convince myself that everything's okay between Theo and I.

- - - - -

December 27th, 1997

When I get to Pansy's house, Daphne is already there. The two of them answer the door and then rush me upstairs with them to get ready. For Pansy's birthday we're all going out to dinner and a nicer bar in Diagon Alley. The boys are coming over later, but Pansy wanted Daphne and I to get ready with her.

Daphne is sitting in front of Pansy's full length mirror doing her makeup, and I'm sitting in Pansy's lap as I do her eyeliner for her.

"So, how have things been since I saw you last?" Daphne asks, looking at me in the mirror.

"It's been good," I answer. "Yesterday was quite boring. I got home in the morning and didn't really do anything all day except for hangout with Matt." I finish Pansy's eyeliner and put the cap back on the pencil. "There you go," I say, getting out of her lap.

Pansy smiles, "And how were things after we left the ball?"

My face turns red and I can feel the heat rising to my cheeks. "Uh-, yeah, it was good," I stutter.

"Oh you and Theo totally shagged," Daphne laughs.

"How was it?" Pansy asks. "Come on, you never tell us anything about shagging him."

I sigh and lean back against Pansy's head attempting, and failing, to keep a straight face. "Okay, okay," I say, "It was really good. He definitely knows what he's doing, and he recognizes that pleasure goes both ways." My cheeks are red again. "That's all I'm saying."

"I knew it," Pansy says. "He just looks like he fucks."

I drop my head into my hands and groan.

"Pans, probably not a good thing to tell Alex that her boyfriend looks like he has a lot of sex," Daphne says, biting back a laugh.

"Yes, thank you," I say, trying to keep a straight face.

We finish getting ready with lots of talking and laughing, and then the doorbell rings. The three of us go downstairs and Pansy opens the door. Draco, Blaise, and Theo step inside of the house, and I make eye contact with Theo.

"Hi," I say.

Theo smiles, "Hi." He leans down and presses a quick kiss against my lips. "You look amazing."

I'm wearing a velvet little black dress. It's long sleeved and square neck, and fits me perfectly. I paired it with some tall black boots and silver jewelry.

"Thanks," I mumble against Theo's lips. "You look amazing too."

Theo presses another kiss against my lips before pulling away and wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Oi, love birds," Draco says, causing Blaise and Daphne to break apart from their snogging. "We have dinner reservations, let's go."

- - - - -

I'm sitting in a booth in the back corner of the bar with Theo. Blaise and Daphne are dancing and Draco and Pansy disappeared down a hallway about 20 minutes ago, presumably to go shag in the bathroom.

I down the rest of my drink and look at Theo.

He takes a sip of his drink and looks back at me. "What is it?" Theo asks.

"Are we okay? After what happened?" I question, feeling brave all thanks to the several drinks flowing through me right now.

"We are," Theo replies. He downs the rest of his drink and sets the empty glass on the table. "Our whole 'deal' is still on, and we're still friends."

Our eyes meet again and Theo's blue eyes look dark in the dim lighting of the bar. It makes his staring feel more intense.

"What happens if we shag again?" I say.

Theo tilts his head. "Do you want to shag again?"

"Very much so," I reply. "Do you want to?"

"Alex, it's all I've been thinking about for the past day," Theo admits.

I smirk at Theo and lean in closer to him until my lips are brushing his. Theo inhales sharply as I kiss him, but before he can try to deepen the kiss I tilt my head to the side so that his lips are brushing against my cheekbone.

"It doesn't have to mean anything though," I say.

"No, of course not," Theo whispers.

I tilt my head back and kiss Theo again. This time I deepen the kiss and cup his face with both of my hands. Theo's hand comes up to the front of my neck and he rests his hand there as he tips my head up to kiss me harder.

We pull apart just enough so that our noses are brushing.

Theo's hand drops from my neck and settles itself on my thigh. His thumb brushes against my skin just underneath the hem of my dress.

I tilt my head to the side and start kissing Theo's jaw. I kiss the corner of his jaw all the way to the base of his neck, leaving a few love bites along the way. Theo's grip on my thigh tightens as I suck on a certain spot of his neck, just above his collarbone.

I pull back and look up at Theo.

"Do you want to dance?"