thirty seven

Song for this chapter: Exit Music (For a Film) - Radiohead

TW violence, blood

- - - - -

The First Few Hours of May 2nd, 1998

We get led out of Hogwarts through a secret tunnel that I didn't even know existed. The tunnel was located in a room on the seventh floor that I also didn't know existed. The passage is dark and only lit by wand light.

All of the fifth years and younger were forced to evacuate, along with the entirety of Slytherin house. A lot of Gryffindors stayed to fight as well as a large portion of Hufflepuff and several Ravenclaws.

I walk along with everyone else through the passageway to Hogsmeade. Theo is at my slide, his hand intertwined with mine.

Daphne and Blaise are walking a bit ahead of us, and Pansy and Draco are walking behind us. Pansy and Draco are whispering to each other and Draco looks fidgety as we get further away from Hogwarts.

"I have to go back," Draco whispers, his voice getting slightly louder than before.

"Then go now," Pansy replies. "Just don't die."

"Right now? I'm supposed to go back right now? We're in a fucking tunnel, Pansy," Draco says.

Pansy audibly sighs. "That's not my problem. You have a wand."

I turn around and make eye contact with Draco. He walks ahead to fall into step with Theo and me.

"I'm going back," Draco says. "Anyone coming with me?"

Daphne and Blaise turn around to look at Draco. They exchange a glance. "No, we're getting out of here," Blaise answers.

"Theo?" Draco asks.

"No, I'm leaving," Theo says.

Draco nods, "Alright. I'll see you lot later then."

"Be safe," I tell Draco.

Draco turns around and says goodbye to Pansy before he pushes through the crowd of students evacuating and grabs onto Crabbe and Goyle. All three of them disappear with a twist and a few people exclaim at their exit.

I pull Pansy to walk with me. "Draco will be fine," I tell her.

"I know," Pansy says. She sighs, "He's such an idiot."

The tunnel rumbles and shakes, dust flying all over the place. People cry out at the movement, and Theo squeezes my hand tighter.

"I guess it's starting," He says.

- - - - -

After what seems like an hour of walking, we finally reach the end of the passageway. We're in the Hogs Head Inn, and there are students crowding throughout the place.

"Students, please listen!" Madam Pomfrey says.

Everyone goes silent and gives her their attention.

"All students who are able to apparate may leave. Go home and contact your parents, and please do not leave alone. Stick together," She explains. "As for the students unable to apparate, we will be in contact with your parents and get you home safely within the next hour or two."

I turn to my friends. "I have to find my brother first," I say. "You're all more than welcome to come and stay at my house for the time being."

"Count me in," Pansy says. "Mumsie and Daddy are probably trying to blow up Hogwarts right now anyway."