30

Ashton.

The next morning we were all running late, which was pretty typical.

I was the first ready, which gave me the job of waking up Harley.

I went into her room, seeing her covered up and wearing a hoodie, her hood over her head, herself appearing to be in a deep sleep.

I rubbed her shoulder gently, saying a quiet "Harley" which almost immediately made her stretch.

She opened her eyes and I immediately noticed that they were bloodshot, making me laugh.

"You were sleeping good?" I asked, seeing her immediately nod before closing her eyes again.

"No, you gotta wake up" I told her, rubbing her side as I sat beside her.

She let out a whine, rubbing her eyes without saying a word.

"I know, but if you get up- I'll carry you all the way to the car" I bribed her, which made the smallest smile come onto her face.

I watched her stretch once more before she got up, going into her bathroom.

Just as she came out, she coughed into her hoodie and I immediately became alarmed at the sound of her cough.

It sounded like a sick cough.

Trust me, there was most definitely a difference in the sounds of a normal cough and a sick cough.

This was a sick one.

"How long have you had that cough?" I asked her as I watched her slip on a pair of high top Nike shoes and a different hoodie, keeping her hair in a loose pony tail.

She shrugged, looking at me unamused.

"Let me go find a stethoscope so I can listen to your chest-" "no" she whined out and just the whine sounded hoarse.

"Oh and you're hoarse, oh no" I spoke quickly, immediately standing to go find a medical bag, knowing one of us had to have had one here somewhere, but she immediately caught my hand.

"I just woke up, please stop" she whined, pulling me into a hug, which I of course accepted, rubbing her back gently.

"Do you feel sick?" I asked her.

"No" I could tell from the way she said it, she was lying, but I didn't have time to argue due to Luke yelling from down the hall, "we are going to be late, motherfuckers!"

I stayed committed to my bribe, carrying her downstairs, where she laid her head against me.

"Our girl is sick" I told Luke as I watched him grab keys, immediately narrowing his eyes to her. 

"What's wrong?" He asked her, immediately getting a quick "nothing." Back from her, making us both roll her eyes.

The car ride to the hospital I explained her cough and hoarse voice, alarming all of the guys, making Calum immediately put her down for the first spot of the day in his books.

She didn't complain once.

Luke.

I let all the guys run, sending Michael with my badge to clock me in so we weren't marked as late as I got Harley and everything out of the car.

I could tell from how quiet she was that something was definitely wrong.

As we got her situated in my office, i crouched to her face height as she laid down on my couch, covering up, letting out a cough that immediately reminded me of a flu cough.

"Don't go to sleep, Calum is going to be in here any second to take you-" "I don't want to, I just want to sleep." I swore she was going to cry as she spoke to me.

"Har- you clearly don't feel good." I told her, seeing her immediately whine at me, but Calum walked in before anything else was said.

"Let's get you checked out, pretty girl." He smiled immediately.

"You'll stay with me?" She asked me, making me smile to her.

"Of course"