11

I walked closest to the road as the three of us walked home together- the temperature no warmer than it was this morning.

I rubbed my arms as we waiting at a stoplight, Jolie seeming to enjoy my jacket.

We finally got home, and I noticed several cars, making me assume we had some potential adoptions coming.
"Make sure you look really cute, big smiles." I lectured to the two of them before opening the door, letting them step in before I entered behind them.

But instead of a potential mom, I was Doctor Luke Hemmings.

"Where is your jacket?" He shot to me.

I pointed to Jolie, letting my confused expression take over.

"It's fourty degrees outside- almost snowing, you have barley any clothing on, what the hell is wrong with you" he shot to me quickly.

"Not my fault." I gritted my teeth to him.

"Well, if you can't tell, we're doing check ups and I've been waiting on you, so go get into warm clothes and come back down" he sighed, making me nod, leaving and going to my room.

I locked myself in my room, changing into leggings and a big long sleeve, making sure my braids were still in tacked before slipping on socks and vans before walking back out.

As soon as I stepped out of my bedroom, I ran into a body.

Calum.

"Harley" he immediately spoke.

"Hey" I spoke back with a polite smile.

"This is home?" He almost questioned, making me look down the hall- ensuring Veronica wasn't close

"Not by choice" I laughed lightly.

I saw him sigh, and as he opened his mouth to speak, I heard Luke.

"Come on Harley, we only have an hour before we have to pack up"

"Sorry" I spoke to Calum quickly before following Luke down the hall.

"Sit here" he spoke, pulling a chair against a wall, making me do as said.

"This is just normal vitals, okay?" He spoke slowly.

"Okay" I responded

He silently went through the normal steps

Listening to my heart
Taking my blood pressure
Getting my pulse
Making sure my lungs sounded okay.

"So we're going to get simple bloodwork here, take it to the hospital and bring the results back tomorrow" he spoke slowly.

"I'm not the biggest fan of needles" I admitted to him quietly.

"You'll barely feel it, I promise you."

He tied the band around my arm, wiping it slowly.

"Look to Calum for me" he spoke, making me immediately look up to scan the room

Before I even found Calum, I felt the slightest sting

Luke.

"Smooth" she spoke calmly, not looking back down the me as I watched her blood drain into tubing.

"I'm the best" I sent a cocky smile to her.

Halfway through, I noticed she shifted oddly.

"You okay?" I asked her calmly, hearing her hum in response.

I looked to her face, seeing her swallow, turning her neck at an angle.

"What's wrong?" I felt myself panic.

"I'm just- hot" she spoke, her knee starting to bounce.

"Can someone get me cooling rags" I yelled out,  immediately stopped her blood flow, throwing a bandaid over the spot.

"I'm dizzy" she spoke quickly.

"Let's move to the floor, Harle-" she fell into my arms.

Michael ran to me, helping me elevate her feet and put cooling rags all over her, while also patting her to make her wake up.

"She's been out too long- she's dehydrated or something" Ashton spoke from behind me after about ten minutes of trying to wake her.

"Let's get her to the hospital"