4

"It's all done" she lied to me, but I couldn't beg her to have a mental breakdown to me, so I got up with a sigh.

"Let's get these stitches out"

She sat on the bed and I snapped gloves on, looking to her lip, seeing that it looked healthy and healed.

Making sure she knew what I was doing, I slowly took the stitches out, careful not to cut her again.

"And a barely visible scar" I spoke, watching her as she looked to a mirror against the wall

"Thank you" she mumbled to me.

"No need to thank me" I spoke, moving in front of her again.

"So I want to talk to your foster mom, so I'm going to take you both to my friends office, you can sit with him while her and I discuss-" "what are you telling her?" She was suspicious.

"I want to discuss some treatment options-" "I'm not sick." She shot out quickly.

"No- you're not, but I think you need some help expressing your feelings"

"What do you mean?" She questioned me.

"You don't know how to handle your emotions, Harley"

"Says who?"

She acted as if she wanted no help at all.

"Says a Doctor" I spoke to her, trying not to be stern, but trying to get my point across.

"It's not going to make anything better" she spoke quickly, making me tilt my head towards her

"And why not?" I asked.

"She already hates me, the more she has to spend towards me isn't going to make it any better-" "I thought the state pays for foster kids medical bills-" "but the less of the states money she uses, the more she gets to keep" she spoke.

It all made perfect sense.

"So she is keeping your money?" I spoke, seeing her nod slowly.

The rest of the money was supposed to go to her, not the foster mom.

"Let me worry about all this, come on" I spoke, grabbing her hand to help her off the bed.

"I'm telling you, you're going to make it worse" she spoke quickly.

"Stop stressing, I'm going to make sure she isn't mad" I spoke, leading her out of the room without another word.

I convinced her foster mom to follow us, where I went straight to Calum's office.

"Can you give my patient come company while I talk to her mom for a few minutes?" I asked him.

"Of course" he spoke, his eyes going to Harley.

"Great, Calum this is Harley, Harley this is Calum, I'll be back shortly"

Harley.

"Come sit" he waved me over, motioning to the multiple chairs in front of his desk.

I slowly sat in one of the closest, putting my hands into my hoodie pocket, letting my knee shake lightly.

"So, you're sick?" He immediately tried making conversation.

"I had stitches" I spoke simply.

"From what?" He asked.

I cleared my throat lightly
"A fight" I let out the smallest laugh as I said it, seeing his eyebrows raise lightly

"I didn't take you as the fighting type" he smiled.

"I only fight for good reasons" I let out a small shrug.

"And what is good reasons?" He questioned.

"Ever been in high school?" I questioned lightly.

"Yes" he laughed out.

"You must've been popular" I spoke, seeing his eyebrows move together.

"I mean, I was in football and clubs, so a lot of people liked me" he shrugged.

I nodded lightly
"You'd understand if you weren't popular" I sighed out.

"So, bullies?" He questioned.

"I guess you could say that" I hummed lightly.

"You know, there's more ways to solve situations, other than fighting" he spoke, making me refrain from rolling my eyes.

"It's a lot quicker to just get a few good hits in"

Luke.

"You think I'm going to pay to put her in therapy-" "she needs it." I spoke towards the woman sternly.

"The state barely covered her full bill from just these stitches, they aren't going to pay for daily therapy." She spat to me.

I don't know what made me do it, but I offered something I've never done before.

"What if I do it for free"

She instantly looked to me

"We can do it at my house, you can stay if that makes you more comfortable. It'll be everyday from probably five until six, until I feel that she knows how to process her emotions" I spoke.

The woman sighed, shaking her head lightly.

"Fine"