36

Harley.

I almost cried at the sight of Calum's favorite intern, Jacob walking into the room.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I spoke quickly.

Jacob.

She was beat the hell up.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Was the first words out of her mouth, which almost made me laugh.

"Everyone else is in surgery, I have to get you back quick." I told her, knowing she didn't look severe, but I wanted to check her concussion, because she most definitely had one.

I grabbed her hands as she stood slowly, groaning as she did.

"Just so you have it on file, I gave her Tylenol" the nurse spoke with a smile, making me almost want to roll my eyes.

"Yeah- fuck your Tylenol" I heard Harley say under her breath, which made me laugh lightly as I wrapped an arm around her.

"Stop" she spoke quickly, making me let her go- thinking I hurt her.

"I just got my ass beat by four girls- you gotta at least let me walk past them without help." She spoke, her sense of humor definitely still intact.

"It was actually five girls." I told her, seeing her eyebrows raise to me. "That doesn't make things any better." She told me, which I immediately agreed to, bad timing.

"You need help-" "you touch me in front of them, I swear I'm telling Calum you hurt me"

I wasn't going to touch her.

She took slow steps, but we walked right past the girls that I knew were responsible because of their giggling, one holding an ice pack to her own head and mouth, making me give her an approving nod.

You got one of them at least.

I helped her into the car, seeing her whining the entire time.

"Jesus, Jacob" she spoke as I got in my side, starting the car.

She explained how she got jumped to me as I drove.

"Well, I can tell you Luke is definitely going to press charges-" "I threw the first hit" she mumbled, seeming mad at herself

"No- that was self defense, they threw milk on you." I told her quickly, seeing her whale, grabbing her ribs carefully.

"I don't care what happens, I just hope I never have to set foot in that school again."

Calum.

I was the first out of surgery and updated through texts from Jacob.

Scattered thoughts, doubled vision, gripping her ribs, taking excessive deep breaths

Probably broken ribs and a concussion.

I set up a brain scan and an x ray before going to Luke's office to watch the video of the fight, just to make sure nothing else got hit that we would need to check.

I hated watching it

I watched three girls quite literally pour their milk on her, one of them saying something before Harley immediately punched her dead in the mouth.

"That's my girl!" I felt myself supporting her like it was a football game.

She was on top- she hit the girl once more and just as it looked like she was about to give up- one of the other girls grabbed her hair and it looked as if that was the code for two more girls to jump in.

From that point on, what I watched literally made my stomach hurt

She was punched and kicked repeatedly, it almost looked like they were trying to kill her, not even slightly worried about where they were hitting her.

I give her credit, she was a fighter. She was steadily trying to hit them back, using any body part she could to defend herself, but something inside me just wished she had taken that opportunity to try and cover her body instead.

I watched her take a kick to the face, stomach, chest, head- you name it.

It took was too long for teachers to intervene, and when they did- Harley sat with her arms on her knees, staring in front of her.

My poor baby.

I soon was standing at the door and saw Jacob pull straight up to the emergency department, where I opened the passenger door, seeing my angel, who was literally laughing with Jacob.

"Are you seriously laughing right now?" I asked, expecting her to be in shambles after the beating she just took.

"Only titty babies cry after they get their ass beat"