47

Harley.

I laid in Calum's bed with Michael, waiting on Luke to finish showering so we could all discuss our plans for our last day tomorrow before bed.

"How was the family time?" Michael asked.

"It was good." I told him, hearing Luke walk in as I did.

"How was yours?" I asked him, which made him go into detail of what he did with his family, which consisted of dinner and a small opera show.

Soon all the guys joined us, each of them giving me a brief overview of how they spent their time.

It seemed as if everyone enjoyed themselves, which made me happy.

"So I say tomorrow be a chill day. We have a lot of packing to do before our flight, b it other than that we can go to the beach- I know Jack is determined to get Harley to actually surf." Calum laughed lightly, making me nod in agreement of the plan.

"That's fine with me, nothing else you wanted to do Har?" Ashton asked, ruffling my hair lightly.

"Nope, if you guys are good, so am I"

We spent several more minutes throwing around a few ideas for lunch and dinner before we headed to our assigned rooms, Luke exhaling added I got into bed, covering up.

"I want to apologize for how my mom has been acting towards you." He spoke firmly.

"Luke, it's really okay- I understand that she just wants time-" "no Harley, it's not okay." He interrupted, seeking extremely upset about the entire situation.

"I promised you and myself when I adopted you that I was going to give you a loving family, where you always feel included, loved and supported. Just because my mom is scared about this situation, is no excuse for her to be treating you like an outcast. You are my daughter and I refuse to let you willingly have any negativity in your life." He told me firmly, rubbing his face.

"Luke- she's your mom, you can't just"- "exactly, she's my mom, so she should be more than supportive of my fucking daughter." He shook his head, making me grab his hand, making him sit in bed with me.

"Listen, I'm not upset.-" "so you're sitting here telling me that the reason you didn't want to go with us tonight had nothing to do with how my mom acts around you?" His question shocked me, I didn't expect him to piece that together.

"Your hesitation answers that for me." He spoke, shaking his head, clearly angry.

"Okay- so she made me feel a little uncomfortable and intruding. It's not a big deal, it's no reason to get into anything bigger. I am okay and happy, and nothing is going to change that." I told him, seeing him lightly smile.

"I don't understand how I'm so much madder than you are." He laughed, making me pull him into a tight hug.

"That's because you're protective over me" I laughed to him, making him smile.

"And I always will be, so don't forget this." He smile.

"Thank you, Luke."