18

"She does?" I questioned, moving to walk to her.

He nodded, stepping aside to let me gently touch her forehead- where I did feel heat.

I hummed, moving to my desk and grabbing a thermometer, touching it to her forehead.

The beep of it immediately woke her up, making me instantly want to groan.

"Light sleeper" Calum hummed as she looked to us, confusion taking over her face as she realized who was here and that I had a thermometer.

"100.5" I read to Calum, seeing him hum, bending to her.

"Do you feel okay?" He asked her, making her shrug.

"I'm just tired"

Harley

Luckily, they didn't push too much to figure out if something was wrong.

I was tired, but it was a different type of tired.

It's that tired feeling you get when you're coming down with a cold.

But I didn't dare tell them- I already got enough hell from Veronica everyday over hospital bills, I didn't need anymore of that.

"You'll tell me if you feel bad?" Luke asked me slowly, making he nod lightly.

The day went by quick, and I soon found myself sitting with Luke and Ashton- who I had barley met as Luke was paged you surgery.

"You can take her home?" Luke asked.

"I can walk-" "I'll take her home." Ashton assured him as he came to me, hugging me tightly.

"Text me, okay?" He spoke.

"Good luck on your surgery"

I walked out silently with Ashton, who walked me to what I assume was his car.

"So" he spoke as he started driving, making me look to him.

"Why won't you let Luke adopt you?" He asked me.

"I have to be there for the kids" I responded simply.

"We're getting them help tomorrow" he spoke.

"I just have to make sure" I spoke quietly.

"Okay, so after you're sure, you'll come into our family?" He questioned, almost seeming excited, which made me more than emotional.

"It's a lot of money too-" "Harley" he laughed out, letting his head tilt towards me for a second.

"Money obviously isn't a problem with us, but Luke is literally going crazy over making sure you're okay, so just take that into consideration." He hummed lightly.

"Why is he so worried about me?" I asked him slowly.

He shrugged.

"I think it's just- you" he laughed lightly.

I let my eyebrows knit together towards him.

"You're just easy to bond with, easy to like" he spoke simply.

"That doesn't mean he has to adopt me" I spoke.

He sighed lightly, pulling into the driveway of the foster home, putting it into park.

"Look at this building" he spoke slowly.

I looked to it, feeling ashamed of the building I called home.

"Now let me show you something"

He left.

I didn't ask questions, I sat with him, watching him drive.

He soon pulled into a gated community, putting codes into certain gates before pulling into a driveway of a house- a nice house.

"Where are we?" I questioned slowly.

"Home" he spoke with a smile.

"Come on- let me show you-" "I need to go back" I spoke.

I didn't want to see all the nice things that they had- I didn't want to see what they had to offer me, it would be even harder to continually say no to the adoption offers.

"five minutes." He spoke sternly.

I gave in, slowly following him into the large house, immediately seeing that it was more than clean.

Ashton explained each room as we walked through it, I stayed quiet.

We walked into the kitchen.

"This is our amazing maid, Francesca!" He smiled loudly, the older lady immediately looking to the two of us, nothing but happiness on her face.

"Francesca, this is Harley-" "beautiful!" She didn't hesitate to yell the word out, coming to me- kissing my cheeks before hugging me tightly.

"Thank you" I spoke as she pulled away, holding my cheeks gently.

Ashton and I continued walking as he showed me their rooms before opening a fifth room.

"And this is potentially your room" he spoke swiftly, revealing a perfect- aesthetically pleasing room.

He went in, making me follow him.

"A bathroom- a walk in closet, a full body mirror and even a vanity" he described every little thing, which made me smile.

We ended up moving back downstairs and to his car, where he drove me back home.

I looked to the depressing house as he put the car in park.

"what's going through your head?" He asked me.

I shook my head simply, getting out- which made him get out.

He followed me inside and to my room.

Just as I almost made it, I heard crying.

I went to the room beside mine, seeing a little boy- maybe 4 years old crying.

"Mommy" he cried out, almost gasping for air.

I didn't hesitate to move to him, picking him up, holding him tightly to my chest.

I turned towards Ashton, feeling the tears in my eyes

"I wish this was an easy decision"