Fantasy Winners

First Place—
Lullaby of Death by summerwitch_

TOTAL: 80.5/100
Cover - 8.5/10
Title and Blurb - 6/10
Plot - 25/30
Flow - 9/10
Character Development - 10/15
Anticipation - 10/10
Enjoyment - 7/10
Language - 5/5

Comments by devianmisfit: You have a really beautiful cover. I love the title, but your blurb is a little chaotic xD There's too many elements inside and it made me lose interest because there are too many words. I believe some information can be taken out and leave only what's necessary!

When it comes to your plot it is one hell of a whirlwind ride, and I can honestly say it is one of the most creative I've come across so far. Fully authentic as well. But your book was a collaboration between authors so I can't say that all of the scores fully reflect the originality, since you did receive help, editing, suggestions and all. It was exciting and I looked forward to reading every chapter, but there was just one small problem I have. I know books are fictional and it all should be treated as such, but I can't wrap my head around the fact that your characters are able to accept their reality that easily. I mean a strange music box and a talking voice? Shark-like teeth? Wouldn't a person's instincts already be screaming not to trust a stranger? And you did well expressing Aster's shock when she found herself in a Seirim's body (I hope I spelled that correctly), but honestly, if you imagine from her POV, it won't just be that way. It would be horror and fear. Those trembling, screaming-your-lungs-out kind. It would probably take so much more than Erik speaking to overcome it. A deathmatch is a good one– it will probably take life to flash in front of her before she would probably snap back some form of rationality.

——
🍬☁️

Second Place—
Eve of Enlightenment by gustopholous

TOTAL: 76/100
Cover - 5/10
Title and Blurb - 5/10
Plot - 25/30
Flow - 10/10
Character Development - 10/15
Anticipation - 6/10
Enjoyment - 10/10
Language - 5/5

Comments by devianmisfit: The cover can definitely be improved xD but it's relevant to your title and genre. Please don't look down on having an attractive cover because it is also what makes the readers click to read on. For your blurb, it is extremely short, there is a great attempt to hook your readers but the stage is underdeveloped. I believe more clues should be provided such as what it means to a "massive societal upheaval" or "come into themselves". The pacing is a slow burn, but the flow is fantastic. Every detail and emotion was expressed and each of your characters was revealed a little but not everything. I've left some comments on your book regarding the length of your chapters, but other than that I have nothing bad to point out. In terms of your plotline, I like how you are keeping it simple, although it doesn't compel me binge-read and there isn't as much that is going on as I prefer it, it is still pretty interesting and makes me want to finish your book at my free time.

——
🍬☁️

Third Place—
Betal - To the Moon And Back by Shivran86

TOTAL: 64/100
Cover - 5/10
Title and Blurb - 6/10
Plot - 16/30
Flow - 4/10
Character Development - 13/15
Anticipation - 8/10
Enjoyment - 8/10
Language - 4/5

Comments by devianmisfit: I am judging based on whatever you had that was published– which wasn't much, only three chapters and snippets. Your writing is still formidable as always and even with these snippets I still enjoyed reading what there was. Because the chapters started halfway, it was hard for me to get a grip on your characters, but the dynamics between them were unique and complicated. Just from the once-off, I could see the plot is a complicated and slow burning one. As you already knew, you needed to do the plotting and then get back to it. A few of your characters stood out and all of them were not boring at all, probably needed some context so I could connect with them further. There were some grammar here and there, but not a big issue. I'm a little confused with the blurb and the plot because of the names Ira and Ilya, which sounded a little similar and also girlish but they're not girls are they?

——
🍬☁️

Congratulations to the winners 🥳🥳🥳 PM us for your score cards and judge's comments (:

For prizes, please head to "Prizes & How To Claim Them" chapter for more details. If you spot any mistakes with the counting, tag us and let us know.

TSG Awards May 2022
______