Humor/Teenfic Winners

Firstly, thank you to the two wonderful judges HeyLookTheSnitch and CoffeeAndSilverInk for agreeing to help us with the judging of the participants. Especially Astrid, for taking the other half when you're already busy with many many things. Now to the winners of this particular category...

First Place (tie) —
Autumn Finch by Snowheart19__3

TOTAL: 88/100
Cover: 9/10
Title and Blurb - 8/10
Plot - 25/30
Flow - 10/10
Character Development - 13/15
Anticipation - 8/10
Enjoyment - 10/10
Language - 5/5

Comments by CoffeeAndSilverInk: The story doesn't follow Autumn, it follows both her and Leonardo, so the title doesn't fit. After reading the blurb, which is well written and overall really good, I felt like the story was more about Leo. The cover is pretty and eye-catchy. The writing is smooth and easy to read, it flows nicely, yet the chapters are too short. Such sweet chapters hurt a little when they end so quickly. I couldn't spot any misspellings or grammatical errors, yet all adverbs should be erased. They're not as needed as writers think and it's the editor's job to delete them.

I loved the main characters and their relationship dynamic. Leo is a charming character and Autumn makes us wonder why she is bullied. Their interactions are sweet to read about. They like each other while annoying each other, which makes it all more heartwarming. They're falling for each other very quickly, but it doesn't feel forced. Usually, I would complain about the love at first sight trope, but it's well executed and I wouldn't want the story to change at all. There could be more descriptions about places and whatnot, but I loved the author's writing style just as much as I loved the story.

— —

First Place (tie) —
Challenge Accepted by TVD_Lover1999

TOTAL: 88/100
Cover: 9/10
Title and Blurb - 9/10
Plot - 27/30
Flow - 8/10
Character Development - 13/15
Anticipation - 9/10
Enjoyment - 9/10
Language - 4/5

Comments by HeyLookTheSnitch:
Right from the prologue, I knew I was going to adore your story. Actually, I realized your story was something special even sooner after looking at your cover (beautiful, by the way!) and reading your description. It reminded me of contemporary novels by Colleen Hoover, which I just so happen to love. Your character descriptions of Austin and Hayley are so relatable, and though their backstories are both heartbreaking, it only drew me in more because I want to see them succeed! The dialogue and the two POVs were distinct and really allow us to see inside your two main characters' heads. I feel so close to the two of them! Their faults only make them more real, and you wrote them so well without being overly melodramatic. Before I knew it, I was on chapter 9 because I NEEDED to see the chemistry between these two finally erupt. (Sadly, I haven't made it to that point yet, so I guess you just earned yourself another reader!)

There were a few times where I found myself a bit confused over Austin and Hayley's relationship. At times, they referred to each other as being best friends, but then there was one moment where Austin claimed that they were more of just acquaintances due to living near each other. That could have been him trying to distance himself from her to deny his attraction, but it wasn't too clear and tossed me out of the story for a short moment. Similarly, the introduction to the soccer scholarship left me a bit disoriented; I may have missed it, but was it announced that it was for boys and girls? Hayley mentioned that it was, but I was unsure how she came to that conclusion. She then makes a comment about how she doesn't think Austin really wants her to join the school team after they learned of the scholarship; I wasn't sure why she thought that unless I missed a clue, like a certain look he gave to her or through his tone, perhaps...?