Short Story Winners

Thank you to both judges, LadyInLostYearn  and Evelynfrost23 <3 I can't thank you guys enough for helping with the judging process.

First Place —
Felicity by ScribbleYourThoughts

TOTAL - 82.5/100
Cover - 10/15
Title & Blurb - 9/15
Flow - 9/10
Plot - 20/20
Anticipation - 4/5
Enjoyment - 24/25
Language - 3.5/5
Dialogue - 4/5

Comments by LadyInLostYearn:
You had me with the cover because I'm weak for this kind of pattern. I was originally impressed with their composition and how painstaking it should be to arrange them perfectly. However, my impression dwindled when I found this exact pattern in Canva, and the cover was made by someone else too. Just plastering like that has vanished my impression. Neat title and fonts. The blurb is straightforward yet plays with the readers' wants, which is good. The flow is great despite the grammar mistakes, misspellings, and the issues with action beats and dialogue tags. There are loads of them but they're not as glaring. You still have to fix them, so google them up and remember their differences. Use Grammarly (don't fully depend on it) or ProWritingAid too. Plot-wise, it'll be unfair for other contestants since they have one while you have many. With that, I focused on the second chapter only. I don't know how you pulled off the dynamic between characters and the physical descriptions, not to mention those intriguing concepts, in one chapter, but this—pardon my language—is some good shit. I'm a bit disappointed that you didn't expand the story into novel-length.

___ ___

🍬☁️

Second Place —
Cocoethes by fleurdiary

Judge: Evelynfrost23

TOTAL - 75/100

Cover - 12/15 (The cover is pretty suitable for the story. The dark cover with the lady shows that this story is going to get dark and shows how things like desires and other things are easily mistaken for "love")

Title & Blurb - 13/15 (The blurb was excellent. It was catchy, it was unnerving and it was just a sign saying 'read me'. Excellent blurb. The title of the book was also very very apt, however, I think that the author should either change the title to more common word or give the definition of the title somewhere at the start.)

Flow - 2/5 (The flow wasn't so smooth though. The volume II and III were good, however, Volume I's flow was a lot confusing in many aspects.)

Plot - 17/20 (The plot of the book was amazing. The idea, though seen before, was so beautifully executed that it felt like an absolutely new idea that I have never encountered before. The story was just excellently written and though did not make sense at the start, more deeper into the book, the pieces started to click together)

Anticipation - 5/5 (Like goodness gracious. The anticipation built for every chapter was palpitating. It was so confusing at the start, that it got me reeled in trying to understand what was going on.)

Excitement - 19/25 (Very beautifully executed. This story was highly enjoyable AT THE END. In my opinion, the first volume of the book needs reworking on because at times the timeline does not make sense, however, other than that, the book was extremely enjoyable.)

Language - 5/5 (The description of the story was just... wow. I was mind-blown by the way this author has worked on this story. It was like a punch to the gut and everything made no sense and absolute sense at the same time.)

Dialogue - 2/5 (In many places, the quotation marks are not placed properly and that needs to be sorted out.)

___ ___

🍬☁️

Third Place —
Aureate by Snowheart19__3

Judge: Evelynfrost23

TOTAL - 74/100

Cover - 10/15 (The design was pretty but it did not match the theme of the book. It's a poetry anthology, I honestly don't know what would fit something like that)

Title & Blurb - 10/15 (The title of the book is lovely but the blurb is a bit general to make the readers want to take a look inside, really. The writing inside is just mind boggling but the blurb doesn't do it justice by being a bit... well- bland)

Plot - Marks can not be allotted to this section since there is no plot.

Anticipation - 3/5 (The first table of contents and such were a bit boring but one taste of the writing and I was hooked. I believe that if the start of the book could have a descriptive piece about writing and the beauty of it - like in the blurb but a bit more detailed - then it would be more interesting for the readers. Honestly, I'm sort of waiting for the next chapters-)

Excitement - 23/25 (Goosebumps. Seriously, all I have to say is that I got goosebumps, the way it's so beautifully written made me want to sob. The details, imagery, everything was just perfect. In the beginning, when I saw that it was poetry anthropology, I began wondering whether I would enjoy it, but goddamn, I was blown away...)

Language - 20/20 (I swear this has to be the most descriptive language I have ever read in my life. The way everything is described so perfectly... and not to mention, your vocabulary set is enthralling. It was very imaginative and - just a perfect 10, I can't-)

Poetry - 18/20 (The poems rhymed and it was beautiful really. It touched the heart and went beyond skin.)

**NOTE: (-10 marks) for this book is not a short story. The plot and flow marks have been adjusted by the poetry and language section instead.

___ ___

🍬☁️

Congratulations to the winners 🥳🥳🥳 All the winner's score cards and comments have been posted in this chapter, and we will DM you your sticker and certificate by this weekend if possible, thank you for your patience. For the rest, if you wish to have your, PM us for your score cards and judge's comments (:

For prizes, please head to "Prizes & How To Claim Them" chapter for more details. If you spot any mistakes with the counting, tag us and let us know.

TSG Awards May 2022
______