Paranormal/Supernatural Winners

Supporting  judge's comments in brackets.

First Place—
The Tour Guide by addledwalrus

TOTAL: 96/100
Cover - 8/10
Title and Blurb - 8/10
Plot - 30/30 (I agree on this, her plot is really good!)
Flow - 10/10 (Lovely flow and the pacing was great)
Character Development - 15/15
Anticipation - 10/10
Enjoyment - 10/10
Language - 4/5

Comments by Scintillio16: The title absolutely fits the book. The blurb was sweet and simple just like your story. To be honest, I don't know much about Japanese culture but I didn't feel it while reading your story. The footnotes are very helpful. The first and second chapters are mind blowing. I also thought that the woman in the first chapter and second are the same but it's not, Arkane was the woman. You wrote cliffhangers very gracefully as they are neither secretive nor very obvious. They kept us clicking the next chapter again and again and that's the beauty of your writing. I am surely gonna recommend your book to my followers. I really really loved it.

——
🍬☁️

Second Place—
Pantheon by spiker648

TOTAL: 86/100
Cover - 5/10
Title and Blurb - 6/10
Plot - 28/30
Flow - 10/10
Character Development - 14/15
Anticipation - 10/10
Enjoyment - 8/10
Language - 5/5

Comments by devianmisfit: The cover has a lot of elements ongoing and I think it could do some simplifying, although it does give me the vibes. Your blurb shows the conundrum of the protag really well, but it's not hooking enough– which I recommend you adopt a more active narration than passive. The plot so far is great and quite a few riveting characters, with the exception of Jace, but it is a creative idea to use gods of many well-known myths so that readers can instantly connect and picture their powers. For your part, I think it's a bit on the longer length, so I recommend employing cliffhangers or trying to cut down the number of words per chapter if possible.

——
🍬☁️

Third Place—
The Murder Of Alastair Lysen by Rvelra

TOTAL: 84/100
Cover - 6/10
Title and Blurb - 7/10
Plot - 26/30
Flow - 8/10
Character Development - 13/15
Anticipation - 10/10
Enjoyment - 9/10
Language - 5/5

Comments by devianmisfit: The cover is a little on the plain side, which is cool, but I don't really notice anything prominent about it that makes it stands out, would have been better if there was a picture of Alastair there in your cover! Your blurb is short and to the point, BUT I think if you included a brief backstory about Tara would have been great because the transition from rumors of Alastair's death to another girl is sudden. I love the way you used humor, cliffhangers and cute dialogues all in one book, because it was really adorable. The only problem is that your chapters are a little too short, so I suggest working on the length, although it works for the cliff hangers. All in all, I enjoyed the emotional aspect of your story.

——
🍬☁️

Congratulations to the winners 🥳🥳🥳 PM us for your score cards and judge's comments (:

For prizes, please head to "Prizes & How To Claim Them" chapter for more details. If you spot any mistakes with the counting, tag us and let us know.

TSG Awards May 2022
______