vi. you're part of the family now

Elizabeth sat on Emmett's lap in the cafeteria

Elizabeth sat on Emmett's lap in the cafeteria. Ever since him and Rosalie had marked Elizabeth, they couldn't keep their hands off of each other. Apparently extreme physical affection and possessiveness was a trait of shared mates. Edward walked into the cafeteria and sat down with the rest of the Cullens. "Bella knows." He said. Rosalie scoffed. "Of course she does." Her voice was music to Elizabeth's ears. That and along with Emmett's hands against her body drove her crazy and she could barely focus. She wondered how those hands would feel wrapped around...

"Elizabeth, knock it off." Edward said, giving her a grossed out look. Elizabeth smirked and turned her thoughts to some very impure ones about her two vampire mates. Edward gave her a grossed out look. "That's disgusting." Emmett smirked before staring at Edward. "Not you too."

                                                                                              ***

"Can I help you with something?" Elizabeth asked as Bella opened the door to her bedroom without knocking. Bella leaned back out of the door and looked down the stairs before walking back in and shutting the door behind her. She sat down on Elizabeth's bed next to her. "I have to tell you something." Bella said. "Okay. This sounds important. Go on." Elizabeth said, placing her homework to the side and turning to fully face her sister.

Bella opened her mouth to speak but closed it. She shook her head. "You know what? It isn't all that important. Nevermind." She said, standing up and leaving. Elizabeth looked around in confusion before her eyes settled on Landon who was laying on his play mat while watching cartoons. "That was weird, right?" Elizabeth asked, not expecting an answer from the toddler. "Yah." Landon responded and Elizabeth started laughing.

                                                                                              ***

"Woah, Daddy, everything is so tiny from up here." Landon said as Emmett carried him around on his shoulders. "Emmett, put him down and help us make dinner." Esme scolded her son. "Okay, mom." He said, placing Landon down in his high chair. They heard the front door open. Edward and Bella were here. Emmett began helping Esme chop up the vegetables as Rosalie held out the salad bowl. "Is she even Italian?" She asked. "Her name is Bella." Emmett said. Elizabeth looked at her mate in confusion. "That doesn't mean we're Italian." She said. Emmett just smiled at her. Elizabeth rolled her eyes and popped a cherry tomato into her mouth.

"I'm sure she'll love it no matter what." Carlisle said. "Here comes the human." Rosalie said in a singsong voice. "Bella, we're making Italiano for you, Elizabeth, and Landon." Esme said, approaching the girl as she entered with Edward. "Bella, this is Esme, my mother for all intents and purposes." Edward explained. Bella and Esme spoke in Italian. "You and Elizabeth have given us an excuse to use the kitchen for the first time." Carlisle said. Bella's eyes found Elizabeth where she sat at the island with Landon. "Elizabeth, you know?" Bella questioned. Elizabeth chuckled. "Bella, I've known for weeks." She admitted.

Bella looked at her twin in surprise. "Bella already ate." Edward said, causing more tension while trying to diffuse it. "Well, more for us I guess." Elizabeth said to her son who giggled. Rosalie broke the glass bowl that was in her hands. Elizabeth's eyes snapped to Landon, hoping he wouldn't start crying. Thankfully, he didn't. Just stared up at Rosalie with wide eyes. "Perfect." Rosalie said. "Yeah, it's just because I know that you guys don't eat-" Esme interrupted her. "Of course. That's very considerate of you." "Just ignore Rosalie. I do." Edward said.

"Yeah. Let's just keep pretending that this isn't dangerous for all of us." Rosalie continued. "I would never tell anybody anything." Bella told them. "She knows that." Carlisle said, shooting his daughter a pointed look. "That doesn't mean the risk isn't there." Rosalie said. "Elizabeth knows, and you don't seem to care about that." Bella pointed out. Rosalie scoffed. "That's different." She said. "How?" Bella asked. "Yeah, I'd like to know that myself." Elizabeth spoke up. Carlisle looked around the room. He sighed. "Elizabeth is a shared mate. You're Edward's blood singer. Your blood tempts him." Carlisle explained.

"That doesn't necessarily mean you're his mate. Shared mates, like in Elizabeth's case, are very rare. I've met very few in my existence. They're protected under our kind's laws. It's okay for Elizabeth to know as she will eventually have to be turned as neither her, Rosalie, or Emmett will be able to live without each other." Carlisle continued. Rosalie tensed up at the mention of Elizabeth becoming a vampire but still turned to Bella. "The entire family will be implicated if this ends badly." She said. "Badly, as in... I would become the meal." Bella stuttered. Everyone chuckled.

"Hi, Bella." Alice's voice was heard from outside the window where she was walking on a tree branch. She jumped down and Jasper jumped down behind her. "I'm Alice. It's nice to meet you. Oh, you do smell good." She said, approaching Bella. "And I don't?" Elizabeth joked around. Emmett turned to his human mate. "Your scent isn't as strong as Bella's is. Your blood doesn't tempt any of us. Not even Jasper." He explained. "I don't know whether to be offended or relieved." Elizabeth said, bringing a smile to Rosalie's stoic face. Carlisle cleared his throat. "Sorry, Jasper's our newest vegetarian. It's a little difficult for him."

"It's a pleasure to meet you." Jasper stammered. "It's okay, Jasper. You won't hurt her." Alice said. Edward looked around awkwardly. "Alright, I'm gonna take you on a tour of the rest of the house." He said to Bella, pulling her away from the kitchen and the rest of the family. "Well, I'll see you soon." Alice said. "I think that went somewhat well." Carlisle commented. "Clean this up. Now." Esme said to Rosalie, pointing at the mess on the floor. Rosalie sped and cleaned it up before speeding Elizabeth upstairs.

Emmett closed the door behind them. "I have to become a vampire?" Elizabeth asked once the door was closed. Rosalie sighed. "Unfortunately, yes. I wish it didn't have to be that way. I would never push this life on you." She said. Elizabeth shrugged. "Do you really have a choice? You'll die if you don't." She said. "I would never wish this on anyone, especially you." Rosalie said, sitting down next to her mate. "You have a choice." Elizabeth shook her head. "I've already made it. I can't live without you, and you guys can't live without me."

"You do realize you'd have to give up everything?" Emmett asked. Elizabeth nodded. "I know. And we already have Landon, if that's what you're thinking about." Elizabeth said to Rosalie. Rosalie didn't say anything except press her lips against Elizabeth's. Elizabeth grabbed onto the other blonde's shoulders in shock as Emmett leaned down and kissed her neck. Elizabeth pulled away from Rosalie to face him. "Do it." She said, moving her hair away from her neck. Emmett leaned in, placing a gentle kiss on her jugular. "Not yet." He whispered before moving his lips to hers. Rosalie started kissing down her neck and that's when the door opened.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry." Bella said. Edward appeared behind her. "Gross." He said. "Carlisle wants us all downstairs." He continued. Elizabeth fixed her hair before Emmett picked her up and sped them downstairs. Elizabeth unwrapped her legs from around Emmett's waist and he placed her on the ground. "Elizabeth, we have something for you." Esme said. Carlisle pulled out a small box and opened it, revealing a necklace like Rosalie's with the Cullen crest on it. "This is yours." He said. "What?" She asked. "It was meant for Edward's mate but since we might not have met her yet, it's yours. You're part of the family now." He explained.

"Why does she get it? I thought I was Edward's mate." Bella said, confused. "You might be, you might not be." Esme politely said, trying not to hurt the human's feelings too much. "Elizabeth, Rosalie, and Emmett have completed their mating bond. They're forever bonded now." Carlisle explained. He handed Rosalie the necklace and she gestured for Elizabeth to turn around. Elizabeth moved her hair out of the way as Rosalie clasped the necklace around her neck. Elizabeth turned back to face her mates. "How do I look?" She asked. "Perfect."