iv. i don't want to get their hopes up

Sam handed Elizabeth a note as she walked outside to see him

Sam handed Elizabeth a note as she walked outside to see him. "Alice asked me to give you that. She and Jasper crossed our lands to the ocean last night." Sam explained. "Carlisle?" Esme asked. "They've left us." "Why?" Rosalie asked. "She didn't say." Elizabeth said, reading through the note again. "Can I see that?" Bella asked. Elizabeth handed her the note. Everyone looked around before they started leaving. Elizabeth turned to Rosalie and Emmett. Rosalie wrapped her arms around her mate's waist.

"Are you sure you want to stay here?" She asked. Elizabeth nodded. "Yeah. I'm not leaving Landon and Angela here alone." She responded. "Plus, Bree, Embry, and Quil aren't gone far. Only down to the reservation." She said. The three had left with Sam to convince the rest of the wolves to witness for them. Elizabeth grabbed onto Rosalie's arms. "Just try not to be gone too long, please." She said. Emmett and Rosalie both kissed her on the cheek. "We'll see you in a few days." Emmett whispered into her hair as he hugged her. "Try not to miss us too much." He teased. "Miss you guys? Never." Elizabeth said sarcastically. Emmett chuckled and started tickling her. "Okay. Okay. Go. Save my niece."

                                                                                                ***

Elizabeth watched as Benjamin's face lit up in awe as Renesmee placed her hand on his cheek and showed him something

Elizabeth watched as Benjamin's face lit up in awe as Renesmee placed her hand on his cheek and showed him something. Benjamin removed her hand and clasped it in both of his. He created a small tornado in it. "Benjamin can influence the elements." Edward told everyone. "And here I get super self control." Bella said. Benjamin and Renesmee threw the tornado into the air. Everyone's eyes snapped to the woods as they heard the animals cry out.

Two female vampires soon appeared. "Who are they?" Bella asked. "Senna and Zafrina. From the Amazon." Edward said. Bella grabbed Renesmee's hand and then the two of them, Edward, and Seth walked towards the two vampires. Elizabeth smiled before heading back into the house. The Denalis were in there with Landon and Angela. Landon sat in Tanya's lap. "Thank you for taking such good care of him." Elizabeth said to her son's mate. Tanya smiled at the human like vampire before turning her attention back to the toddler in her arms.

Elizabeth went to the kitchen to grab some food. She closed the fridge door to see Eleazar standing there. "Can I help you?" Elizabeth asked, turning on the stove. "Your gift is extraordinary, my dear." Eleazar said. His gift was seeing other vampires' gifts. Elizabeth blushed. "You can do anything a human can do." Eleazar said. Elizabeth sighed. "Except get pregnant." She said. Eleazar looked confused before looking down at Elizabeth's stomach. "Yes, you can." He said. "What?" Elizabeth asked, almost overflowing the pot with water.

"Your body is still able to carry a child." Eleazar said. "I had no idea." Elizabeth whispered. "I'll leave you to your thoughts." Eleazar said and left the room. Elizabeth's eyes widened. It was possible after all. She shook the thought out of her head before turning back to making her mac and cheese. Renesmee ran into the room. Elizabeth put the pasta in the pot before scooping her niece up into her arms. Renesmee placed her hand on her aunt's cheek. She pulled away and smiled at the blonde vampire. Elizabeth kissed her on the cheek. "I love you too."

                                                                                                ***

Elizabeth was in Carlisle's office with Angela and Landon when she felt her mates' presence nearby. She dropped the notebook she was holding and sped down the stairs into Emmett's waiting arms. He lifted her up off the ground and she kissed him. "Hi." She said when he pulled away. "Okay, my turn." Rosalie said and Emmett placed Elizabeth on the ground. The older blonde vampire grabbed onto her mate's waist and roughly kissed her. Carlisle cleared his throat. "Elizabeth, Rosalie, we have guests." He said.

Elizabeth blushed. Rosalie and Emmett wrapped their arms her. "And we have incoming." Emmett said as they all heard little feet running down the stairs. "Daddy!" Landon shouted out as he ran into the room. "Hey, buddy." Emmett said, letting go of Elizabeth and picking him up. "I missed you." Landon said. "We missed you too, baby." Rosalie said, grabbing the now three year old out of her mate's arms. Emmett wrapped his arms around Elizabeth and pulled her closer to his chest.

Rosalie kissed Landon on the cheek. "A shared mate. Nice." The vampire who had came with Rosalie and Emmett said. "Garrett, this is Elizabeth, our mate." Emmett introduced. Elizabeth waved before Emmett's grip on her tightened. Edward groaned. "Elizabeth, keep your thoughts to yourself, please." He said. Emmett leaned down to her ear. "What are you thinking about?" He asked. Rosalie turned to them with a smirk on her face after Tanya had taken Landon. "I think you know what I'm thinking about." Elizabeth responded.

Edward scoffed. "Gross." He said. "Wait. Elizabeth, I need to talk to you." He said. Emmett let her go and they sped out to the middle of the woods. Elizabeth sat down on a tree branch. "What's up?" She asked. "You can get pregnant?" Edward asked, sitting on the one across from her. Elizabeth nodded. "That's what Eleazar said. I think he would know, being able to see my gift and all." She said. "I'm surprised you haven't gotten pregnant already then. You fuck like rabbits." Edward said. Elizabeth rolled her eyes. "Not all of us are as lucky as you and Bella, Edward." He laughed. "Are you gonna tell Rose and Emmett?" He asked. Elizabeth shook her head. "No. If Eleazar's wrong, I don't want to get their hopes up." She said.

Edward nodded. Their heads snapped up once they heard something in the trees. "Someone's here." Edward said. They stood up, and Edward stood a bit in front of Elizabeth, protectively. "I think I know who it is." Elizabeth said. Edward looked at her, confused. They snapped their heads back towards the trees when they heard a branch snap. Riley walked out. "Oh, what a plot twist." Elizabeth exclaimed. Riley's eyes were now a nice honey gold color. "Riley." Edward breathed out. "I heard what was going on. I want to help." Riley said.

"You're here for Bella." Elizabeth realized. Riley nodded. "I messed up. I shouldn't have rejected her." He said. "Thank you for coming." Edward said, beginning to lead the way back to the house. Elizabeth opened the door. "Bella, there's someone here who wants to see you." She said. Bella furrowed her eyebrows. Elizabeth and Edward moved out of the way to reveal Riley standing awkwardly behind them. "Hi." He whispered. "Riley." Bella breathed out. She sped over to him. "Bella, I'm sorry-" Bella cut him off by kissing him. "Oh." Elizabeth said, moving backwards.

Emmett and Rosalie sped over to Elizabeth. "Okay, let's go." Rosalie said. "Too much time spent away from you." She whispered into her mate's ear. Elizabeth looked up to see her mates looking at her with dark eyes. Emmett grabbed onto her and they left the house. "See? Rabbits." Elizabeth heard Edward say as they started walking back towards their own house.