iv. everyone loves you

"When we were five, they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up." Jessica started off her valedictorian speech. "Our answers were things like astronaut, president, or, in my case, a princess." Everyone laughed. "When we were ten, they asked again. We answered rock star, cowboy, or, in my case, a gold medalist." Everyone laughed again. "But now that we've grown up, they want a serious answer. Well, how about this? Who the hell knows?" Everyone clapped and cheered. "This isn't the time to make hard and fast decisions. This is the time to make mistakes."

Elizabeth looked over at her sister where she sat between her and Edward. Alice and Jasper sat behind them. "Take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere. Fall in love a lot. Major in philosophy, because there's no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind, and change it again, because nothing's permanent. So make as many mistakes as you can. That way, someday, when they ask what we want to be, we won't have to guess. We'll know." Everyone clapped and cheered as Jessica finished her speech.

After Elizabeth had received her diploma, her first of many, she ran to find Rosalie and Emmett who had graduated the year before. She grabbed Landon from Rosalie's arms and gave him a kiss. "Hi, baby." She said, before leaning in and kissing both Rosalie and Emmett. She kept it short and sweet as her dad was also next to them. She handed Landon to Emmett as Charlie held out his arms. "I'm so proud of you, pumpkin." Charlie said as she fell into them. "Thank you, Daddy." Elizabeth responded. "Thank you, Daddy." Landon said from Emmett's arms. "What did I do?" Emmett asked. "Thank you, Daddy." Landon repeated again and everyone laughed.

                                                                                                ***

Elizabeth was at the party at the Cullens' house when she noticed Embry walk in with Jacob and Quil

Elizabeth was at the party at the Cullens' house when she noticed Embry walk in with Jacob and Quil. "Embry!" She shouted, running over. She hugged him. "I'm sorry for how I acted at the bonfire." She said. Embry pulled away. "It's okay. I can understand why you were so upset." He said. Elizabeth looked over to the others. "Oh, Jacob. Angela's over there." He smiled and nodded before immediately leaving to go find his imprint. "Congratulations, by the way." Embry said. "Yeah, congratulations, Elizabeth." Quil said. "Thank you." Elizabeth said sweetly.

"I got you a gift." Embry said. Elizabeth shook her head. "I don't want it. That's unnecessary." She said. Embry shrugged. "Okay. I'll just give you another hug then." He wrapped his arms around her and she hugged him back. "Okay, that's enough." Rosalie said, walking over. They pulled away. Embry slid something into her hand. It was a wolf keychain. "Embry, you sly dog." Elizabeth said as he bro hugged Emmett. Rosalie wrapped an arm around Elizabeth's waist, and then Emmett wrapped one around her shoulders so that she was sandwiched between them. Their possessive sides were coming out.

Elizabeth looked up at them before her eyes drifted over to Alice who was at the top of the stairs. Her eyes were glazed over. She was having a vision. "Uh, I'll be right back." Elizabeth said, removing herself from Emmett and Rosalie's grasp and walking up towards Alice. "Alice, what'd you see?" She asked. "The decision's been made." Alice responded. "What's going on?" Jacob asked, walking over with Angela, Embry, and Quil. "You're not going to Seattle." Elizabeth realized. Alice shook her head. "No. They're coming here."

                                                                                                  ***

The Cullen family, the wolves, Bella, and Angela all congregated outside. "They'll be here in four days." Alice told them. "This could turn into a bloodbath." Carlisle said. "Who's behind it?" Edward asked. "I didn't see anyone I recognized. Maybe one." Edward read her mind. "I know his face. He's local. Riley Biers." Edward and Alice shared a look that Elizabeth couldn't recognize. "He didn't start this." "Whoever did is staying out of the action." "They must be playing with the blind spots in your vision." Carlisle said.

"Either way, the army is coming and there aren't enough of us to protect the town." Jasper said. "Hold up. What damn army?" Jacob asked. "Newborns. Our kind." Elizabeth told him. "What are they after?" Embry asked. "They were passing around Bella's scent. A red blouse." Alice said. "Of course they were." Elizabeth exclaimed. "They're after Bella? What the hell does this mean?" Angela asked. Due to being Jacob's imprint, she knew about the Cullens' being vampires. "It means an ugly fight. With lives lost." Carlisle said.

Embry, Quil, and Jacob looked at each other. "Alright. We're in." Jacob answered for them. "No. You'd get yourselves killed. No way." Bella said. "I wasn't asking for permission." Jacob said. "Edward?" "It means more protection for you." He responded. "Oh, no." Quil said. "We're doing this to protect Elizabeth." He continued. "She's my imprint. She's part of our pack. And we protect our pack." Embry said. "Do you believe Sam would agree to understanding?" Carlisle asked. Jacob nodded. "As Embry and Quil said, this is for Elizabeth. And as long as we get to kill some vampires."

"Jasper?" He nodded. "They'll give us the numbers. Newborns won't even know they exist. That'll give us an edge." "We'll need to coordinate." Carlisle said. "Carlisle, they're gonna get hurt." Bella said. "We'll all need some training. Fighting newborns requires knowledge that Jasper has. You're welcome to join us." "Alright. Name the time and place." Jacob said. Bella stepped towards him, and he stepped backwards, closer to Angela. "Jake, you don't know what you're getting yourself into." Bella said.

"Bella. This is what we do. You should be happy. Look at us working together. You are the one who wanted us to get along. Remember?" Jacob said. Elizabeth started laughing. "What are you laughing at?" Bella asked her twin. "I'm sorry. It's just... Why are you acting so jealous and protective now that Jacob's attention isn't on you now?" Elizabeth questioned. "Elizabeth, why are you being so mean?" Bella asked. Elizabeth shrugged. "I'm not. I'm just simply stating facts, dear sister."

Bella huffed. "I don't get it. I don't understand why you get absolutely everything without even having to ask for it." She said. Elizabeth looked at her confused. "Everyone loves you. Everything about you is perfect all the time. Perfect relationship. Perfect family. Perfect human life. Perfect vampire life. I'm sick of it." Bella ranted. Elizabeth didn't say anything and just stared at her sister with a blank look on her face. "What do you have to say for yourself?" Everyone watched to see what Elizabeth would do. "Bella, I do not have the time and energy to waste on you right now. Goodnight." Elizabeth said before running off.

She walked into her house and didn't even bother to close to door behind her. Emmett and Rosalie would follow anyways. They entered and Emmett closed the door behind them. Elizabeth turned to them, eyes ablaze. "Do you need to go hunt?" Rosalie asked. Elizabeth smirked and shook her head. "No. I think you'd rather me take it out on you than a mountain lion." She said. Emmett smirked before speeding them to their bedroom and slamming the door behind him.