iii. and then when i found your sister

Elizabeth walked into her house with blood dripping down her face. She was quite a messy hunter. "What the hell happened to you?" Emmett asked as he took in her disheveled appearance. "Stupid wolf stories." Elizabeth whined. "That doesn't explain the blood." Rosalie said, going into the kitchen to grab a wet cloth. "I decided to take my anger out on a very innocent mountain lion." Elizabeth told them. Emmett chuckled. Rosalie walked back in. She sat down on the couch and gestured for Elizabeth to sit down on her lap.

Elizabeth trudged over and placed herself in Rosalie's lap, straddling her. Rosalie reached up and grabbed Elizabeth's chin. She placed a quick kiss on her mate's lips before delicately cleaning the blood off of her face. She wiped all of it off before throwing the bloody cloth over her shoulder. "There." Rosalie said, leaning in and placing a sweet kiss on her lips. Elizabeth felt the couch dip beside them. She turned to face Emmett as he gently placed his lip on hers before pulling away too soon. Elizabeth whined, trying to go back in for more. Emmett and Rosalie laughed. "There's a lot more time for that, but now..."

Emmett sped off into their bedroom. He came back into the room with a small box. Rosalie turned Elizabeth around so that she was facing Emmett. He got down on one knee in front of her. Elizabeth's eyes widened. "Woah. I'm too young for this." She said. Rosalie giggled. She wrapped her arms around her younger mate's waist and placed her head on her shoulder. "He's not proposing." She said. Elizabeth breathed a sigh of relief. "Oh thank God." She said. "It's a promise ring." Rosalie continued. "As a promise that you'll marry us someday." Elizabeth's eyes widened and tears brimmed her eyes.

"So, what do you say?" Emmett asked, still down on one knee. "Yes." Elizabeth whispered. Emmett took the ring out of the box and slid it onto Elizabeth's ring finger. Elizabeth looked down at the ring in awe. It was a small chain ring with small diamonds embedded in it. It was very simple. Just what she liked. "Do you like it?" Emmett asked. Elizabeth nodded. "I love it." She grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him in. "Now, can we..." "Nope. Your sister's at the other house." He said. Elizabeth groaned.

                                                                                                 ***

The three mates and Landon walked into the main house to see everyone watching the news from Seattle. "Seattle is in a state of terror. Police are baffled by the escalating murders and disappearances. Theories range from a vicious new gang to a wildly active serial killer. Reporting live..." Carlisle shut the TV off. "It's getting worse. We're going to have to do something." He said as Landon crawled onto his lap. "It takes more than one of our kind to cause the damage they're reporting." Jasper spoke up. "Quite a few more. And they're undisciplined, conspicuous."

"It's newborns." Edward realized. "What, like new vampires? Like Elizabeth?" Bella questioned. "Yes, and no." Carlisle responded. "Elizabeth is not so much a newborn due to keeping her humanity." He explained. "In the first few months after the change." Edward told Bella. "That's when we're at our most uncontrollable. Vicious. Insane with thirst." Jasper explained further. "No one's trained these newborns. But this isn't random." "Someone's creating an army." Carlisle realized. Emmett stood up. "Well, now we're definitely going to Seattle." He said.

"An army of vampires?" Bella questioned. "And they've been created to fight someone." Jasper said. "We're the only clan even close to Seattle." Edward said. "Regardless of why they were made, if we don't put a stop to them, the Volturi will." Carlisle said. "Oh, Edward would love that." Elizabeth said, throwing a wink the bronze haired vampire's way." Edward ignored her. "What's that supposed to mean?" Bella asked. Elizabeth shook her head. "Nothing. Just an inside joke." She said. Esme walked in from the kitchen and handed Landon a bowl of Cheerios. He was getting to the age where he was getting picky. That's the only thing he would eat.

"I'm surprised they've let it go on this long." Carlisle said, changing the conversation once again. "Maybe they're behind it." Edward said, bitterly. "In Italy, I read Aro's mind. He wants me and Alice to join him, but he knows we'll never choose him as long as our family's still alive." He explained. "An army could solve that for him." Jasper said.

                                                                                              ***

Elizabeth, Landon, and Bella walked into the Swan house to see Charlie at the kitchen table. "Hey. Did you eat dinner yet?" Bella asked. "Uh, no, I haven't." Charlie responded. He sighed. "This kid, Riley Biers, disappeared over a year ago, and his poor parents have been papering Seattle with these things ever since." He explained. "You think they should just give up?" Bella asked. "Well, I wouldn't if it were either of you two." Charlie said. "Not ever."

                                                                                               ***

"Trying to walk and chew gum at the same time again, Bella?" Emmett asked as him and Jasper entered the room

"Trying to walk and chew gum at the same time again, Bella?" Emmett asked as him and Jasper entered the room. "I punched a werewolf in the face." Bella said. "Who? And why?" Elizabeth asked. "Jacob." Bella responded. "Why?" Elizabeth asked again. "Because he's ignoring me." Bella admitted. Elizabeth rolled her eyes. "That's because he imprinted." She said. "What? On who?" Bella yelled. "Angela."

Bella looked around in shock. "Oh, don't act so jealous now. You never wanted him before." Elizabeth said. "I-" Bella was cut off by Rosalie throwing her magazine to the side and walking outside. Bella looked around. "Don't worry about it." Emmett said. "Got any leads?" Edward asked, changing the topic of conversation. "No sign of the intruder." Jasper responded. "But Victoria continues to make appearances."

Bella walked outside after Rosalie. Elizabeth went to go after her but Emmett pulled her back into his chest. "Leave her be. Rose will put her in her place." He said. Elizabeth nodded and relaxed against Emmett's chest. Elizabeth could hear Rosalie telling Bella the story of how she was turned. "I'm sorry." Elizabeth heard Bella say, and that's when she had had enough. Bella didn't need to be reminding Rosalie of what had happened to her. Elizabeth pushed Emmett's arms off of her and walked outside.

"Things got better after I found Emmett." Elizabeth heard her mate say as she closed the door. "And then when I found your sister. But we'll always be this. Frozen. Never moving forward." Elizabeth walked up behind her Rosalie and wrapped her arms around her waist. She placed her head on her back. Rosalie grabbed onto Elizabeth's hands. "That's what I miss the most. Possibilities. Sitting on a front porch somewhere, Emmett and Elizabeth, grey haired, by my side, surrounded by our grandchildren. Their laughter."

"I understand that that's what you want." Bella paused for a second. "But there's nothing I'm ever gonna want more than Edward." She said. Elizabeth scoffed. "You're wrong again. After you've been changed, there's one thing you'll want more. One thing you'll kill for. Blood." Rosalie said. "Now, Bella, please leave us alone." Elizabeth said. Bella nodded and went back inside. Rosalie turned to face her mate. She moved some hair that was falling out of Elizabeth's braid out of her face before leaning in and kissing her.