Ticking like an alarm clock

I woke up to Jake frantically shaking the hammock I was sleeping on.

I stared up at him angered at the fact that he woke me up at the crack of fucking dawn.

"Wake up, Ney'tiri said that today we're ganna learn to be one of the people."

"No, YOU are ganna learn to be one of the people, I am going to learn to act accordingly for the people."

"Same difference.."

I got up out of the hammock walking past Jake.

"You seem very annoyed. Must not be a morning person."

"What?"

"You're not a morning person."

I stared at him turning back to the spiral staircase.

I looked down to see everyone conversing with eachother.

"Do you think we can adapt to this place. Everyone looks so close to eachother..."

"That's a good thing, Eko."

I hummed before continuing looking at everyone above.

Tsu'tey, and Mo'at stood next to eachother staring at the croud.

I smiled feeling my face heat up at the sight of the warrior below.
I walked down the spiral. Quite a few people looking at me for a second then turning away.

Tsu'tey, and Mo'at saw me as they both of them walked towards me.

"Good morning, child. Did you have a good sleep?"

I nodded. "Yes I did, I was told today me, and Jake would be training to be part of the people?"

"Yes you are,you'll be with Tsu'tey, while Jake will be with Ney'tiri."

I nodded looking back at Jake who was staring dumbly at all the people until he caught sight of Ney'tiri who was already walking towards him.

I audibly snickered. I turned around to see Tsu'tey, and Mo'at staring at Ney'tiri, and Jake talking to eachother.

They both grumbled.

"They can't mate, Tsu'tey, and Ney'tiri are to be together." Mo'at had a look of concentration on her face as she studied their movement.

My mood soured at her words but I didn't show it. I didn't want Tsu'tey, and Ney'tiri to be mated, and I could tell by Tsu'tey's stoic face faltering that he felt the same as I did, but he quickly put it back down before she or anyone noticed.

"Mo'at, since me, and Ney'tiri are teaching the dream walker, and Eko it will be some time before we ever even get to that." Tsu'tey seemed stiffer than usual, and to Mo'at that was a visible sign.

"That is true...then we'll have to make room for it some time." She had a look of caution on her face.

"Mother, me and Tsu'tey need to start training soon, but I'll come to you when we're done."

Her eyes switched from me, and Tsu'tey repeatedly. I knew for a fact that her brain was turning like an alarm clock. I quickly looked to Tsu'tey indicating for him to follow.

Even as we walked away I could feel her eyes on the both of us. I felt it wouldn't be too long before she figured something out.