What needs to be done

Once we made it back to our temporary home, some of the people were in panic.     They came running towards us, cries for help.

"The sky people attacked us!"

"We need to leave!"

"Its not safe here anymore!"

I got off of Bahiyya who hada look of judgment on her face as she stared at the people who had bloody arms, and stained tears.

"One of the sky people shot my brother!" 

"People calm" Ney'tiri tried getting everyone to stop yelling in our ears. 

I was starting to loose my patience, me being alone with Bahiyya for the past 10 days really stole the family friendly mood from me.

"CAN WE ALL GET OFF MY TAIL FOR A MINUTE, IF YOU'RE GOING TO WHINE, THAN DO IT ONCE AT A TIME." I hear a breathy growl that sounded much like a laugh. It quickly drew my attention to the noise only to be met with the squinted eyes of Bahiyya with her body hunched over and her mouth wide open as she tried silencing her laugh. When she noticed me looking at her, she straightened her body completely.

Wow...

"Eko, we'll handle this." Tsu'tey patted my shoulder.

We all walked up to the front, thats when I took notice of Mo'at. Tears wellled in my eyes as we made eye contact. Her eyes too had tears.

She opened her arm wide for a hug, which I quickly ran into them.

This is the first time im really understanding our bond with eachother. The whole time I always seen her an a convenience. A woman that opened her arms, her world to me without truly knowing who I was. I was nobody to her, and she just chose to be the woman of my world, the woman that took over the role my first Tshik wouldn't: the role of mother.

She let go of me when Jake came up to her.

"Yes?"

"Mo'at, if I can just have the floor."

"But you already have the floor, you're standing on it.." I laughed a little.

"Mom, he means- can he speak" Me and her made eyecontact, the realization that went through her face made smile wider.

"Yes you may." 

"Thank you." He bowed his head before turning towards the croud.

"The sky people have sent us a message, that they can take whatever they want and no one can stop them. Well we'll send them a message. We can ride out as fast as the wind can carry. We can tell the othe clans to come, tell them befire Emocto comes to them! If you fly now with me, my brothers, sisters we can show the sky people that they can't take whatever they want and that this, this is our land!" Tsu'tey translated every word, people standing up from their spots as they battle cried and yelled out for victory.

I threw my hand that was intertwined with my mothers. A loud roar came from Bahiyya that stood proudly on top of the glowing tree.

Who even allowed her to go up there? 

People started running towards their Ikran. Tsu'tey once again waited for me. It was hard for me to let go of my mothers hand but when I did I looked back as me and him took hold of eachothers.

She had an encouraging smile, her tears long gone as she shooed me away.

She put her hand over her hand, a sign—

'Stay safe' I pounded my fist against my shoulder.

'I'll kill the people who cross me'

Bahiyya flew off of her perch on the tree, she was already ready for the people above, ready for what was to come.

She wasn't an Ikran, she was a beast, a monster to be recognized.

Tsu'tey was on Chanda, waiting for me next to Bahiyya.

Once settled we raced towards the front where Ney'tiri, and Jake sat on the giant red mob.

Battle cries rung as we raced towards nothing. Only the sun could tell, the sun being Jake since he was who was leading us all, as wrong as it sounded.