The truth is out

My eyes were glued to her feet, not daring to look her in the eye scared of the reaction she might have, "Child, I'm not upset. I think you'd be a good match for him."

"What?" I was beyond flabbergasted at her response to my actions.

"Well, Ney'tiri, and Jake are looking to be with each other, which I don't approve of, BUT then there's you, and Tsu'tey."

"Jake's stupid, but he's learning, sure he might be learning a little slow but he's still learning." I vouched.

"Well then, he might as well learn a little bit faster because you both are going to be getting your Ikran tomorrow."

"I don't think Jake is ready-"

"Make him get ready then." I stiffly nodded. Before leaving I touched her arm before letting go to seek out the stupidest in the crowd. It shouldn't take too long to find him considering his loud mouth. Last I'd seen him he was over near the fire with Ney'tiri while I was standing with Mo'at.

Once I had spotted him he was sitting next to Ney'tiri with a big ass dear leg in his hands.

I slowed down slightly when I neared. Ney'tiri was the first to spot me, but it wasn't with a happy expression. She held a look of envy, sadness, but also anger. I could tell it had to be personal, because what person would look at another like that without an actual reason?

"Ney'tiri, you good?" Jake's eyebrows were clenched slightly as he asked.

"I'm okay, Jake. Eko is here to talk to you I assume." Her expression completely changed when she looked at him. Love obvious on her face, maybe even a bit of admiration.

"Oh- Eko, the food here is amazing." He had grease all around his lips, making them look overly wet. It was annoying to look at but I stopped thinking about it.

"I might try some later."

"Well if you do, definitely try the meat. It's nothing like I've ever had before." He took another bite. The sound of his chewing greatly annoyed me to no end.

"Jake, chew politely, please." Jake whipped his mouth with the back of his hand, chewing slower than before.

"My bad." I rolled my eyes turning to see if I could start conversation with Ney'tiri.

"Ney'tiri, you've been different since I came down here. Is everything okay."
Her eye twitched as I asked her if she was okay. Her jaw tightly clenched as she stared down at her feet giving a small nod.

"Okay, well I came over here because Mother told me to inform you that-" before I could even finish what I was saying a hiss came out of Ney'tiri as she stared at me. Her pupls dilated into thin lines.

"She is not your mother, she is mine, not yours, she opened her arms to you because you were new, unlike Jake, he was already known to us, while we knew NOTHING of you."

I stared at her for a second deciding if she was talking to me or not, I looked around only to see other people staring at us.

From afar I could tell Mo'at, and Eytukan we're making their way over here.

"Ney'tiri, if you'd just tell me this instead of causing commotion just TO tell me this I'd be fine, but you're screaming at me." I stared at her blankly as she got all up in my face. I wasn't just about to attack someone just for getting in my face whilst other people from my tribe would absolutely obliterate for even stepping to them.

"You think I'm going to tell you something important when you're always close to MY mother?! Like you'd understand."

"No I wouldn't, because you're making a big deal when you can just calmly talk to me so excuse you for me seeing your mom as a mother figure while I'm here, but I'm not stepping down to you for something as stupid as what you're doing right now"

Next thing I know Mo'at pulled me out of the small circle formed as people were crouded around eachother watching the scene. Some people were even hanging in the vines, and roots of the tree.

Once the two leaders made in to the middle of the small circle, me, and Ney'tiri we're pulled away from eachother. Eytukan held Ney'tiri as Mo'at held me.

"Eko, settle yourself." She held my shoulder ls tightly as Ney'tiri began to get pulled away from view.

I had nothing to say as I stared in the direction of where Ney'tiri was. The people around me stared at me with a questionable expression. Once in my life the eyes on me made my blood boil. The people around me got so comfortable with me around here completely forgetting where I was born, and what I was capable of. It was unsettling how quick they could forget something just because their leader so quickly took em in.

"What happened here, Eko?" She turned me to look at her wich I applied to.

"I came over here to speak to Jake about tomorrow, but Ney'tiri snapped at me because you were like a mother figure. She's unsettled by it." I was about done with being here. I either wanted to go to sleep, or just leave in general. Either sounded good with me, but first I had to end this conversation.

"Oh, I'll see with Ney'tiri. Eko..are you okay?" She bent down slightly to look me dead in my eyes. I didn't meet her eyes tho. Turning my eyes to look behind her, feeling if I did in fact stare in her eyes I'd snap and break something, tears might even slip.

"Yeah, I'm just tired, I think I'm ganna leave in a little bit."  She turned my head to get my eyes to look into hers.

"You're not okay." She stood up a bit after her realization.

My breath quickened as I felt like a 100 pound weight settled on top of me. My fists clenched until they were a light blue, almost white.

I walked past her carful not to bump shoulders with her nodding my head in a farewell. She tried calling for me but I didn't turn back around. The people cleared from me as I walked past.

I was in a clear deadline, and practically to them there were clear flashing red lights.

Once I made it outside the cold air hit my dotted skin. I looked up to the sky to see the  light of the moon. I closed my eyes letting the sound in the background mellow out turning into muffled whispers. The people inside the tree was the least of my concerns.

Once I opened my eyes I felt like a new person. My shoulders lax as I took in my surroundings. I decided on walking ahead, see what I'd stubble upon.

I lost track of where I went, all I knew was that I wanted to be somewhere where I could let my feeling loose, maybe even sleep there for the night. I didn't know what I was doing.