Annual hunt

"It is the annual hunt. Randomly Once A year the hunters go out and look for as many animals as they can." Tsu pointed in the direction of men, and women lined up in the front.

"So it's a competition?" I looked to Tsu'tey for clarification.

"If you want to put it that way, yes. I believe Mo'at will need me up there so let's not keep her waiting."

We started walking towards the commotion, one or two people turned in the direction of their favored warrior walking past.
Some of the women had love struck expressions. I scoffed. The further we walked the more eyes he landed. I was beyond struck with envy, and possession.

Tsu'tey nodding at the women somehow upset me more than it already did. I  wore A scowl on my face as we walked past the thirsting women who stared solely at him as if I wasn't here witnessing it.

I decided to focus on the floor plus It's not like the one of the women would just walk up and say something.

So with that mindset I ignored the women who stared as we made it up front. I of course was in the line behind him, not wanting to be noticed much after the whole deal that happened last night.

Mo'at saw Tsu'tey before she saw me. She beckoned him next to her, and next to her was Ney'tiri. That's when I realized that she wanted them close to eachother in a romantic matter. Not seeing Jake next to her was weird. Ney'tiri was usually next to him making sure he wasn't doing anything stupid.

"Eko."

I recognized the loud voice of who I knew was Jake. He was walking up next to me.

I nodded in his direction.

"Tsu'tey was put up there too apparently..."

I shrugged his statement off.

The way the two were close to eachother was unsettling but I knew they had no feelings for eachother...I hope not at least.

My shoulders dropped a little bit at my last thought, wanting to clear my mind I tried starting a conversation with Jake.

"Did Ney'tiri tell you what the Annual hunt is? Tsu'tey said that it was where the hunters would go out for food."

"Yes, but she also said something about the hunter, or huntress that brings the most food gets to pick a mate at the end of this."

I didn't care much about that. It wasn't any of my concerns.

"Did she tell you when it would take place?"

"They'll hunt all night, and in the morning they'll come back."

I nodded in understanding turning back to the front when I heard a booming voice coming from in front of everyone.

Mo'at's mate; Eytukan was declaring a speech to the people.

"MEN GATHER YOUR THINGS, YOU LEAVE TONIGHT!
TONIGHT; WE WILL HUNT. WHOEVER BRINGS THE MOST WILL GET TO PICK WHOEVER THEY WANT, WE HAVE GON THROW WITH THIS CELEBRATION FOR YEARS, AND WE WON'T STOP BOW JUST BECAUSE WE HAVE A BIT OF COMPANY HERE!."

A series of yips, and battle cries came from the people around us. I felt a smile grow on my face. It was nice seeing all of these people get excited about something so childish.

While all of this was happening Ney'tiri's eyes were solely on Jake standing right next to me while Tsu'tey was stiff staring at the croud with A gruff expression.

That simple expression was what made him desirable in some womens' eye.

I could hear slow footsteps coming in my direction cutting me off from my thoughts.

It was Mo'at.

"I'm ganna let you handle this." Jake patted my shoulder walking a little bit ways away from me. I sighed turning back to Mo'at's direction.

She held a straight face as she walked towards me. I would be lying if I said I wasn't intimidated by her.

I stood straight before her letting her put her hand on my shoulder.

"Eko, who do you think will win the hunt this year?"

"I don't know exactly. Who do you think will win?."

"Me and Eytukan think that Maloo will win because of his strategies."

"Reliable reasoning I suppose." I couldn't say it was a bad reason to put your faith on someone so I considered it .

"Thank you, child.."

I nodded my head but kept my mouth shut letting the sound of other people's talking wash over us.

A particular battle cry came from the podium catching my attention quickly. Tsu'tey was raising both of his arm into the air staring above. One of his hands help a bow while the other held nothing

If it weren't for the leather strings wrapped around my calf, and knee's I probably would have fell.

The men and women who were going to be hunting scattered around to grab their knives, bows,

Now that my little show was over I felt no need to be here anymore. I was tired from being out, and running all day.

"I'm going sleep, mother, I do hope you have a good look at the hunt."

She squeezed my arm nodding her head letting me go.

When I started walking in the direction of the spiral staircase men and women with their weapons ran past me, howling.

I continued walking to the spiral so I could ready myself for whatever was to come the next day.

As I made my way up to the sleeping quarters.
I climbed into the hammock I slept in last night.
I rolled on to my side staring at the shining lights of the stars coming from outside. It was really peaceful when you were alone here... nothing but your thoughts, and the world around you.

I finally felt at peace with myself.
I could finally let my muscles relax as the cold air ran over my light blue skin.
The light reflected off of me making the room more blue than it already was.

I felt my eyes get heavy so I closed them, and before I knew it the world around me was just a sinking hole.