Settling down

Eventually we found a secluded area to sleep, the sky almost black, and my eye bags weren't disappearing.

Bahiyya was alread slumped by the time I even sat down rising a snort out of me.

"Good night, girl." I pat the side of her face lightly before laying down under her wing as I waited for sleep to take over.

TSU'TEY'S POV:

It had been over a day since home tree had burned down, and absolutely no one was doing okay. Me, Ney'tiri, andMo'at were doing the worst though.

I left my mate behind, Ney'tiri found out hers was a traitor, and Mo'at found her adopted son to be a "traitor" 

Tears were shed, things were said, and absolutely no one has slept. We all grouped up towards the remaining of Eywa life tree. Bits was cut down from the earlier events just leaving more than a half of it remaining, that though was enought to presume rituals, and what needed to be done.

Currently I sat down in front of a glowing vine, my braid connected to it as all the dead souls screamed at me. It was unusual, the souls were ment to be soft spoken, kind, bone chilling. Right now, they were horrific, mean, and regretful.

"You believe lies!?"

"You left him alone!"

"He didn't deserve that!" 

"Go back to him! Beg for forgiveness." 

"He waited, but you to pushed for longer!" 

The screams got uncontrollable. I disconnected from it as I stood up, my brain finally settled down. But their words still lingered. 

Did I do the right thing?

Was he actually a traitor?

I felt a hand on my shoulder, grabbing my attention.

I looked behind me to be met with the eyes of Mo'at, eyebags were deep under her eyes, stained tears, eyes red from the stress, the screams, the loss.

"You're thinking about him." No one dared to speak Eko's name, all afraid of me and Mo'at's reaction, WE didn't even speak that name.

"No, im just speaking to the souls." 

"Don't like to me Tsu'tey, you of all people should know that I miss him too." 

"Then why lead us away from him?" I looked her in the eye. Tears fought to lease themselves.

"Don't make me sound like the bad one here. You and I both know we had no choice." Tears started flowing down her cheeks as her voice cracked.

"Yes we did! We chose to believe that woman, Mo'at! SHE LIED TO US!" 

"YOU THINK I DON'T KNOW THAT!? BELIEVE ME, I DO!" 

"Mother." Ney'tiri came from behind me, her stoic face from before held confusion.

"Yes, darling pettle?" Mo'at stepped in front of me to talk to 'Tiri.

"You're crying." 

"Stress is all. I've been trying to nurture people back to health for the past 5 hours."

"Don't over due it, mother, there's only so much you can do." Ney'tiri brought Mo'at's head towards her's before letting go.

"I know, now don't you have other things to do?" 

"I was only checking on you, I'll be leaving now." She turned away before sprinting back to who knows where.

"All we can do now, Tsu'tey: Is search for him before the sky people find us." 

"I know."