Chapter 4- The online article

[The police station]

"This doesn't make any sense!" I yelled in frustration, leaning back on my chair and tossing the papers on the desk. Apart from the similarities with the Yeongam Gurim serial murder case, we had no leads that would prove that this case is different. We all wanted to disagree with the fact that a dead killer is back and is killing people after ten years but the amount of evidence we had, said otherwise. 
Just then the door opened, revealing team leader cha. 

"The victim has been identified and the chief requested a meeting with our team," He said and without wasting any more time, the three of us stood up from our chairs and grabbed the important files we might need during the meeting. Team leader Cha looked exhausted after having to deal with the media all this time. Everyone was scared because what happened ten years ago in the village of Yeongam Gurim was a complete nightmare for anyone. 
On entering the meeting room, we bowed to the chief before taking our seats. 

"The victim was identified by the victim's mother and brother at the Gyeongju city hospital. The victim was a 26 years old female named Jang So-hee. She worked at a book publishing company and had a good relationship with everyone at and outside work" The chief's assistant said

"Gyeongju city hospital? Isn't that where your husband works, sunbae? Does that mean he may perform the autopsy?" Jaemin whispered

"He is a surgeon, not a pathologist" I whispered back making him nod

"The autopsy is still being performed so we can't confirm anything before we get the report" 

"Does anyone has anything to say?" The chief asked

"Why Jang So-hee?" Minjun sunbae said drawing our attention

"Minjun, what are you trying to say?" The chief questioned 

"Jang So-hee has a clear background. She never got into fights or arguments with anyone and didn't have any debts or any such things which would lead to her murder. Then why was she the target? There must be some reason." Minjun sunbae explained and for a moment there was silence in the room. 

"Jeong Min-ho," I said and now all eyes were on me

"Huh?"

"If Jeong Min-ho is the one behind this killing.... and he was also the killer in the Yeongam Gurim serial murder case ten years ago.... then there must be a common pattern in which he picked his victims" 

[Time skip: Home]

Parking my car in the garage, I let out a sigh. I looked at the seat next to me where there was one box full of papers. After the meeting, the chief ordered us to re-analyze the "Yeongam Gurim serial murder case" files to find any common link between Jeong Min-ho and his victims until the autopsy report was out. Carrying the heavy box, I walked inside the house which was dead quiet. I looked at the time and it was 11:30 pm. Keeping the box on the sofa, I peeked into Ji-hun's room and there she was lying on the bed, sleeping peacefully. But Jaehyun was nowhere to be seen. I walked into the bedroom and found his laptop and bag lying on the bed which meant he was home.
I walked back into the living room to get the box when I felt as if I stepped on something. Looking down, I found a silver bracelet with blue beads lying on the floor. 

"Did he buy it? But he never wears bracelets" I spoke to myself as I picked up the bracelet. Just then my thoughts were interrupted when I heard the main door unlock. I turned around and saw Jaehyun entering. He stopped in his place when he saw me and that was when I noticed a black bag in his hand. He smiled before coming toward me and giving me a peck on my lips. 

"Where were you?" I asked

"Me? I was in the basement to get some of my old books" He said showing the black bag 

"But when did you return?" He asked

"About fifteen minutes ago... Didn't you hear me parking the car?" I questioned

"I had locked the door of the basement so I think I missed it. Are you hungry? What should I make for you?" He said and was on his way to the bedroom to keep the books when I said,

"Jaehyun... was someone here?" he stopped in his tracks when he heard my question and turned around to face me

"What do you mean?" 

"This bracelet.... it was lying on the floor," I said showing him the bracelet 

"It must've slipped off his hands," Jaehyun thought

"Ah! Here it was!" He said as he came towards me and took the bracelet

"I had to go into the basement twice because I thought I had dropped it somewhere! Y/n... what do you think? When I was returning home after picking up Ji-hu, I brought this bracelet. Isn't it good?" He said wearing it on his wrist and it indeed looked pretty. I smiled and nodded at his statement to which he smiled back. 

"I'll keep these books in my study room, you can go freshen up till then, I'll make something for you to eat," Jaehyun said making me nod

"Ah right! Jaehyun, can I use your laptop? I left mine at the police station" I questioned to which he agreed. While he was in his study room, I leaned against the headboard and opened his laptop. He had mine and Ji-hun's pictures as the wallpaper which was enough to make me smile. I chuckled and logged into his laptop and I noticed that a page already opened. It was a daily blog site and the blog that he was reading said, "Why should carrot juice be consumed daily"

"Is he a surgeon or nutritionist?" I thought when my eyes went on the 'recent reads'. I scrolled through it and mostly everything was related to medical science but one particular blog caught my attention that was titled, "Where is Jeong Yeon-hee all these years? Is she alive or was she also a victim of Jeong Min-ho and the Yeongam Gurim serial murder case?"
I clicked on the blog and scrolled down until I was in the comment section. The comment section was full of people proposing their theories on the topic except for one comment that said, "Why do you still care? That psychopath is dead and Jeong Yeon-hee was never seen after 2012. Isn't it obvious? That psychopath must've killed her before dying"

There was nothing special about this comment but the thing to be noticed was the email address of the user and it said "jang_soohee016@gmail.com". My eyes slightly widened and I grabbed my phone and dialed Minjun sunbae's number.

"Hello? Y/n? Why are-" I cut him off in the middle by saying,

"Sunbae! I'm sending you an email ID, find out about its owner and everything" I said disconnecting the call, not letting him speak any further. After sending the email ID, I went back to the daily blog site and clicked on the profile of the person who had posted the blog. Minutes passed and my phone started ringing and on checking it was from Minjun sunbae

"Hello? Sunbae!"

"Lee Y/n... ah... you really are something aren't you" He said clicking his tongue

"Why? Did you find to whom the ID belonged?"

"Yes, I did.... and it's Jang Soo-hee's," He said 

"Sunbae... inform team leader cha and Jaemin about this and ask them to meet at the police station... I think we have a lead"