Chapter 19- The Yun-oh in him

[Meanwhile: Gyeongju Police station]

Jaemin's POV:

Watching Y/n sunbae leave like that made me question many things. Judging from her expression, it didn't feel as if she was sick or something, it was as if she desperately tried to hide something from us. I left the room and came out for fresh air when an officer approached me.

"Is detective Lee inside?"

"Y/n sunbae? No... she left a few minutes back. Why? Is it something important?" I questioned

"Ah, she gave us a few tapes which were to be revived. We could revive the audio previously but not the video. Now that the video is revived, I was asked to give it to her" He explained

"She isn't here... you can give it to me, and I'll give it to her" I offered. The officer hesitated at first but eventually gave me the package as he had other tasks to do. I looked at the tapes and there was nothing special about them except the fact that they looked too old. While looking at the tapes, my eyes went to the note that was written on it which said, "Yun-Oh's first session"

"Yun-Oh? As in Jeong Yun-Oh?" Just then someone took the tapes from my hands. I turned around to find Minjun sunbae and team leader Cha looking at the tape with the same confusion on their face that I had previously.

"What is this?"

"I'm not sure... but an officer gave it saying Y/n sunbae asked to revive these"

End of POV

[Half an hour later]

I sat in my bedroom while hugging my knees. I still couldn't accept the fact that Jaehyun was Yun-Oh... the wanted criminal who has been on the radar of the police for over 10 years. Ji-hun returned from the birthday party shortly after Jaehyun left. Even though she kept asking where her dad was... there was no way I could tell her about what happened. 
I may avoid her questions now... but for how long? Will I also have to start lying to her?
Just then someone knocked on the bedroom door drawing my attention. The doorknob twisted open revealing Ji-hun who walked inside with her tiny steps. 

"Mom... someone was roaming around the house," She said 

"It must be your dad... he went out to buy some things," I said and expected her to believe me but instead she shook her head in a 'no' before saying,

"No... he didn't look like dad... he looked older and taller" before I could say anything, the doorbell rang making me startle. At first, I thought it was Jaehyun, which is why I asked Ji-hu to wait in the room while I get the door but the moment I opened the door, I was proven wrong when I saw many police officers standing.

"Search the house! Find him!" A familiar voice spoke up

"Yes, sir!" The officers yelled before they barged into my house. Before I could stop any of them, they were already inside my house searching here and there, desperate to find something. I took a few steps towards one of the officers to stop him when I felt a hand on my shoulder. The hand stopped me from stopping the officer which made me turn around and face the owner of the hand. It was team leader Cha and behind him was Minjun sunbae. They had unreadable expressions on their face. 

"Y/n... you knew, didn't you? That your husband was Jeong Yun-Oh? Isn't that why you left work early?" Team leader Cha said and I immediately realized what was going on here. They were here to arrest Jaehyun. Tears welled up in my eyes as I shook my head in a 'no'. My eyes pleaded not to arrest him but instead of saying anything, team leader Cha looked away. I walked to Minjun sunbae and gripped the hem of his sleeves. 

"Sunbae-e... you've known-n Jaehyun ever since-e I got married-d to him... team leader Cha may-y not know him well-l... but you-u know that-the is good-d person-n right? So please-e... please-e... don't-t arrest-t him... don't-t" I pleaded