Chapter 15- Kidnapped

[Flashback: Ten years ago; Yeongam Gurim]

Jaehyun's POV:

I woke up to the sound of something falling. Getting off the bed, I walked towards the kitchen, where I suppose the sound came from, while I rubbed my eyes. I saw the doors of my mother and brother's room which at first made me stop in my tracks, but I shook my head and slowly climbed down the stairs. 
While walking down the stairs, my eyes fell on the picture of my dad that was hanging on the wall. I stood in my place and looked at the photo because it felt as if he was looking at me through the photo.
I don't get it... I knew what my dad did in the basement of his clinic but why... why was I scared when I found out that he is a serial killer who killed more than 11 people?

I saw the lights of the kitchen turned on but I clearly remembered turning them off before I went back upstairs. The door of the kitchen was slightly opened which made me take a peek inside the kitchen. My eyes widened when I saw.... blood on the kitchen floor... and my mother... and brother... lying wounded on the floor. I took a few steps backward before I stumbled and fell making the person inside the room alert. 

I could hear footsteps approaching the door and just then, the door opened and a person stood in front of me. Seeing my mother and brother dead didn't scare me enough than knowing the person who stood in front of me. He held a scalpel in his hand that was soaked in blood and he looked at me with the same emptiness in his eyes and his lifeless smile. It was him... it was dad. 

My hands shook with fear and tears rolled down my eyes. He is dead... the police shot him... then how... how is he standing in front of me... after murdering my mother and brother?.... How?

"No-o... you are-e not... real-l," I said gulping down the lump that had formed in my throat. He smiled at my statement before saying,

"Yun-oh... aren't you happy to see your dad?" 

End of POV

End of Flashback

[Gyeongju Police station]

"Track down Im Hyun-Chul's current location and also find out if he was near the crime scenes when the murders happened. Fast! We don't have any time to waste!" The chief ordered everyone

"Yes sir!" The officers said, saluting the chief before getting back to their work. 

"Y/n... go find your husband and make sure that he is okay... Jaemin, go with her" Team leader Cha said as I stood up from my place and looked at Minjun sunbae who gave me a nod

"But-" Team leader Cha cut me off by saying,

"Go... I'll take the responsibility" I nodded at his statement and looked at Jaemin who smiled at me before showing me the car keys making me giggle a little. Grabbing the car keys from Jaemin, we rushed to the parking lot. Unlocking the car, we sat inside and secured our seatbelts after closing the door behind us. I started the car and drove to the city hospital.

"Jaehyun... please be safe... by the time I get there.... please" 

[Gyeongju City Hospital]

Parking the car in the garage, I rushed out of the car while Jaemin followed me. We entered the hospital and hurried to the neurological ward. I saw Min-Joo on her desk, outside Jaehyun's office. I've known Min-Joo for a long time because she always assisted Jaehyun. She stood up from her seat when she saw me running towards her. I stopped in front of her and so did Jaemin while we gasped for breath. 

"Mrs. Lee, what brings you here?" She asked with a worried expression

"Min-Joo... where is Jaehyun?" I asked while huffing