1. Truth Or Drink

December 5th, 2020.

Sam was laying down on his bed. It was around 2pm when he woke up, hence only managing to get some rest after 7am.
He lived alone, so no one really had to wake him up for anything.
He didn't have to go to college either, since the virus was spreading around.

Sam reached for his phone on his bedside table, scrolled through the notifications and saw that his favourite YouTuber, Colby Brock, posted a video.

"TRUTH OR DRINK! **Jake And Colby Exposed Badly**"

He clicked on it.
"What's up guys, Colby Brock here and welcome back to my channel".
Sam always loved Colby's intro. For some reason it always made Sam smile.
He watched the video, laughing along with Jake and Colby, also answering questions for his own.

Then, question number 8 came up.
"Name two dirty kinks that you have".
Sam's eyes widen at the question. He could only imagine how awkward it would be for Colby and Jake to answer it, if they would answer it.

"I like to be dominant. Alright, there you go" Colby said.

Sam could feel his cheeks becoming hotter. He was blushing. His eyes were wider than before, if that was even possible.

He paused the video, and decided to eat before he continued it. He walked down the stairs into his kitchen, and made himself a sandwich with bacon and eggs.

He sat down at the table with his food, put his phone down on the table in front of him and pressed play. He continued watching the video, finishing his food and the video at about the same time.

He put his dishes in the sink and went back to his room, sat down on his desk and continued watching Colby's videos from his computer.

He wondered what it would feel like to be there, with Colby. Recording, making jokes, just being with Colby face to face.

Sam always wanted to become a YouTuber, anyways. He just didn't have the time, energy or ideas to do anything. He was working a job that didn't pay him enough, and he couldn't go to his college because of the pandemic.

His degree in college was in film making and editing, so he knew how to do some things relating to YouTube. He just didn't have enough money to buy equipment.

Suddenly, Sam had the urge to message Colby. He remembered seeing Colby talk about looking for an editor, so Sam decided to message about that.

Sam opened his phone, and searched for Colby's Instagram.
He clicked on the grey button reading "Message" and started typing.

"Hey, Colby! My name is Sam Golbach. I've been watching your videos for a while, and remembered that you were looking for an editor! I would like to suggest myself to your consideration. I've been in college for the last two years, and I'm currently working on getting a college degree for editing. If you're still looking for an editor, just know that I'm free for chatting about it and seeing what we can do! I'd love to work with you, if you are interested in that.
-Sam"

Sam read the message over and over again, to see if he may have been to extra, or too pushy, and see if he has any typos. As his finger hovered over the 'Send' button, he clicked it.

"Now we just wait. He probably won't see this anyways." He told himself.
He closed his phone placing it upwards on the desk, and continued watching videos from Colby's channel.

A few minutes have passed as he felt a buzz on the table and his phone screen lit up. He recieved a notification.
"That fast?? It can't be Colby."
He was right, it wasn't. However, his best friend Katrina messaged him.

Katrina 💕💕
3:14pm, December 5th, 2020

SAMMY OMG

Hi Kat!! what's up?

SAM YOU WON'T
BELIEVE WHAT JUST
HAPPENED

???

DEVYN JUST ASKED ME OUT!!!

OH MY GOD I'M SO HAPPY
FOR YOU!! CONGRATS!!

------------------------------

It's true. He was happy for her. Kat and Devyn have been good friends for years now, and Sam knew Kat had feelings for Devyn.

Countless times have Katrina talked to Sam about how she felt with Devyn, and how much she liked her.
He was happy to know Devyn liked Kat back.

December 6th, 2020,

6:47pm

Sam was about to go out for a run when his phone buzzed. He looked at it, and saw that he had recieved a notification from Instagram.
Not expecting much from it, maybe a story update or a text from a friend, he clicked on it and was happily surprised to see it was from Colby

It read:
"Hi Sam! I am actually still looking for an editor lol. I'm glad you messaged me! However before I accept you for the job, I'd love to see your editing style. Would you mind sharing your email, and I'll send you some test clips so you can edit? -Colby"

Sam immediately typed his email in and sent it, typing another message
"Thank you so much for responding! That's my email. I'm going out to run rn so I'll only be able to start editing once I get back home which would take me about an hour, if that's fine!"

he sent it, recieved a quick "all good, enjoy your run!" from Colby, grabbed his earbuds and went out of the house.

8:13pm

Sam just got home. He was both freezing and extremely warm from his run, so he entered his shower, waited for the water to be a nice, warm temperature and washed himself.

Around 15 minutes later he came out of his bathroom, dressed in his long-sleeve pajamas and hoodie, and sat down at his computer to start editing.

He opened up his email, and saw that Colby did, infact, send him some test videos!

"Hey Sam! Colby here. Here are some clips from an older video that I still had saved on my computer. I'd love if you could send me the edited video until tomorrow afternoon!"

attatched to the message were 7 videos, all between 2-17 minutes long. Sam knew it would take him some time to edit, but he knew it would have been worth it.