4. Party

December 7th, 2020
5:10pm

Devyn was waiting outside of her girlfriend's house for Kat to arrive.
Her thoughts started trailing off about what Sam had told her, until eventually she got cut off by Katrina's car horn as she pulled up into the driveway.

Devyn waved at Katrina, as Kat passed by Devyn, waving back as she parked her car.

"Hi Dev!" Katrina said, smiling cheerfully.

"Hey Kat!" Devyn responded, practically sprinting over to Katrina, to hug her and feel her warm embrace.

"I haven't hugged you in so long, ugh", Kat said, her voice muffled by Devyn's clothes. "It's only been like, what, two days?" Devyn chuckled.

"Too long." Katrina said, looking directly into Devyn's eyes, placing a small kiss on the tip of Devyn's nose. They both giggled as Katrina locked her car and opened her house's front door.

"Alright, so, what's this whole party deal? Where did it come from?" Katrina pulled away from the hug to sit on the couch, motioning Devyn to sit next to her.

"Oh, Sam and I were just talking about some stuff and he said he wanted to throw a small party! He said we could invite some friends, so I was thinking of texting Jake!" Devyn explained, a smile wide across her face as she described the party plan to Kat.

"Oh my god I haven't seen Jake in so long! Absoloutly invite him, if it's fine with Sam!" Katrina replied, a smile also starting to form on her face as she tried to remember the last time she had talked to Jake.

{Devyn}

I love her smile.
Every time her eyes do the little wrinkly thing I get butterflies in my stomach.

I pull out my phone to check the time, and see if it's not too late to invite Jake.
It was only 5:15pm, so I knew we still had some time!

I open my messaging app and start messaging Jake. Luckily, he was online, so he had responded almost immediately

Webbster
5:15pm, December 7th, 2020

HEYYYY JAKE

HI DEV!!!!!!!!
WHAT'S UP?

Nothing much!!
I wanted to ask you smth

Oh?? What is it??
You got me interested now

My friend Sam is
throwing a house party,
would you like to join??

Yeah, of course!!
I'd love to join!

Would it be possible
if I also bring a friend?

Uhhhh, yeah!
I think so!

Also bring alcohol ;)

lmao alr, I'll message him!

I'll give you Sam's
number!

*********

That would be great, yeah lol

Alr thanks Dev!
I'll message both Sam
and my friend!

Cya Webbster!
Today at 8!

Cya!!

----------------------

Wow, I haven't talked to Jake for so long. I was honestly really surprised he even answered! And now I'm kinda of wondering who he's gonna invite...

{Jake}