8. Sky Meets Ocean

I have absoloutly zero idea how bailing out of jail works, and Google isn't helping, so i'm sorry if this is inaccurate!!

May 14th, 2021
3:00pm

A month had passed, and with help and donations from his friends, Sam had finally reached the money goal to bail out Colby and Jake. He grabbed his keys as he exited his house, locking his front door and stepping towards his car.

He was happy, for a change.

Today was going to be the day he would see Colby again, he was sure of it. He didn't care if he would have to wait for hours, he just wanted to see the man he was crushing on again.

30 minutes later, Sam had arrived at the police station. he exited his car, locking it, and stepping towards and then into the station.

"Hi, how may I help you?" A lady asked.

"Hi. I'm here to bail out Cole Brock an Jake Webber, is that an option?" Sam asked, nervously. He had never really spoken to a police officer before, let alone about bailing someone out of jail.
Yes, he had been pulled over in the past, but it was never anything too big.

"Cole Brock... Cole Brock" the lady began, scrolling through something on her computer.
"Ah, yes! Are you here to bail them both out? Cole Brock and Jake Webber?" she asked.

"Yes. It should be 85k, right?" Sam made sure.

"Yes, that would be 85k USD. Can I have your ID, and your relations to Cole and Jake?" the officer asked, pulling out her hand to take Sam's card and ID.

Sam gave her his credit card, then pulled out his ID and handed it to her.
"Yeah, uhm... I'm a good friend of the both of them. They got pulled over after they left a small party at my house."
he regretted saying that, as the police officer looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

"Did you drink at all?" she asked.

Sam knew lying would be bad, but he also knew she had his ID literally in her hand. "No, don't worry." He lied, since there was no proof if he drank or not, she would just have to believe him.

And she did, luckily.

"Alright, Samuel, what's your date of birth? Just to make sure this is your ID." she asked, looking at Sam.

"November 27th, 2000" Sam responded.
The officer nodded.

"Alright, Sam. You'll have to wait here for a couple of hours until the Jail gets the money, as well as the exit process for Colby and Jake. You can make yourself comfortable over there," she pointed at a bench near the wall bahind Sam.

"Thank you so so much, I really appreciate it." Sam took back his ID and card, and put them in his bag as he sat on the bench and opened his phone, starting to scroll through social media.

Five hours.
He waited for five hours, as a familiar voice spoke.

"Sam?"

Sam snapped his head up from his phone, to see Colby and Jake, walking into the station, officers standing behind the two.

He looked directly into Colby's eyes.

Sky met Ocean.

He missed those eyes. They were...

Majestic, no, mesmerizing.
He drowned in them, as Colby floated in Sam's.

Sam stood up and ran towards the two, as the police officers tapped their shoulders, signaling them that they were free to step towards the blonde.

The three guys hugged, feeling each other's embrace, as they all started to tear up. Colby missed Sam, Sam missed Colby, Jake missed Sam, and Sam also missed Jake.