6. D.U.I

December 8th, 2020
2:45am

Jake ignited the engine of his car as he waited for Colby to get in the seat beside him. They both knew Colby had been arrested just the year prior, but they were too drunk and too tired to even care.

"aren't we gonna... get arrested... or something?..." Colby murmured. "We'll be fine." Jake said, foreshadowing what was to come.

They had almost arrived at Colby's house as Jake noticed red and blue lights from around the corner.

"Fuck." Jake spat out. "What's up?" Colby replied, clearly drunk enough to not notice the police car approaching them. "Cops." Jake said sternly, as he pulled up to the sidewalk, since he knew he would get pulled over anyways.

3:20am

As the police car pulled up into the police station, Jake shook Colby awake, as Colby flinched and slowly opened his eyes.
"Ow, what the fuck?" Colby muttered as he was about to rub his eyes, but the handcuffs had stopped him from doing so.

Colby's eyes widened as he realised what was going on. He shot a glance at Jake.
"Is this a prank, Jake? Where's the camera?" Colby said, in a serious tone.
If it were a prank, Jake would have definitely said so.

"I wish it was, brother. I wish it was." Jake shook his head. "I'm sorry. It's my fault, we should have waited it out more." Jake sounded sincere. Colby could tell it definitely wasn't a prank this time.
"Shit, man. I'm not mad at you or anything... Well... Maybe a little, but it's not just you. If anything, you were less drunk than me, you're fine, bro. I'm just pissed I'm here again." Colby looked out the back window. He let everything sink in as he accepted his entrance to prison, yet again.

The door to the car opened, as the officer pulled both Jake and Colby out, and brought them into the station.

7:30am

Sam had woken up to his alarm. He reached over to grab his phone and turn off his alarm, as he sat up in his bed.
All of a sudden his head started pounding. He dropped his phone and placed his head in his hands, gripping his hair roughly. After about ten seconds of immense, non-stopping pain, he managed to pick his phone back up in one hand, his head still in the other.

He slowly took off his blanket and attempted to stand up, but immediately crashed back down on the bed. He lay there, arms wide, staring at his ceiling as memories from the prior night began flooding back into his head.

He let out a sigh as he tried getting up again. He managed to stand up, yet he almost tipped over immediately. He swiftly moved towards his door and put his arms up in front of him, so that he wouldn't topple over. He felt as though his legs had given up on him.

Almost like Jell-O.

After a while of standing beside his door, Sam managed to regain control over his legs. He stepped in his place a couple of times, to get used to the feeling of, well, walking again. He took his phone and moved to his bathroom, turning on the faucet and washing his face with the cold water of Winter in Los Angeles.

As he stepped out of the bathroom, wiping his face dry with the fabric of his shirt, he recieved a phone call from Devyn.

"Yello?"
"Sam?"
"Yeah? What's up?"
"Turn on the news, asap"
Devyn said in a stern tone. Sam was confused.
"Wait, why?" Sam questioned.
"Just do it" Devyn responded ending the call, leaving Sam to hear the news alone.

The TV screen lit bright blue, as it was turning on.

"Reporting live: two YouTubers, Colby Brock and Jake Webber, arrested under D.U.I at three in the morning today. More details at ten"