5. 7 Minutes In Heaven

December 7th, 2020
8:30pm

The five have been chatting, laughing, and drinking for about 20 minutes now. Sam, Colby and Katrina were all basically blackout drunk already.

Devyn and Jake stood on the side, slowly sipping their drinks from their red solo cups, catching each other up on everything that has happened in the past few months.
The duo kept an eye on the others, making sure they're okay.

Another 5 minutes had passed, as Katrina slowly stepped towards Devyn, her arms wide open.
Devyn placed her cup down and she caught Katrina as she collapsed into her arms.
Devyn and Katrina hugged each other, as Jake stepped away towards Sam and Colby, who were both dancing Salsa, for some reason.

Devyn and Katrina moved to the couch, the three men all dancing together.
Colby was twerking now, and Sam was sitting on his pool table laughing his ass off at Colby's action.

"Yo, guys!" Katrina said, in a woozy tone. "Yeah?" Colby stopped dancing and looked over towards Katrina and Devyn.
"Let's play Truth Or Dare!" Kat said, motioning the boys to sit on the couch with them.

Jake turned down the music as he poured everyone a glass of water, and sat down on the couch.
"Drink up, bitches, you don't want to... overdrink..." he paused, rethinking his odd choice of words. "or anything." Jake continued, in a serious tone. You could tell he was worried for everyone.

As they all drank their water, and even another glass, Katrina started with a question.
"Sam, Truth or dare?" Everyone looked over at Sam, who still wasn't sure what was really going on.

"Uhmmm... Truth!" He said, not wanting to embarrass himself on the first round.
"Truth that you have a crush on someone" Kat said, almost immediately. She had already planned to ask anyone this question.

Sam's eyes widen as he thinks whether or not to tell them.

'yeah, I do. It's Colby.'

No. He couldn't say that. He wouldn't. Colby still barely knows Sam, let alone knows really anything about him.

"Uhmmmm, no. Not currently." His heart raced fast as he answers.
"You sure about that, Sammy?"
Kat said, winking at Sam.

Sam knew she was joking. She didn't know, he didn't tell her. Or anyone, really. Honestly, he wasn't even sure if he actually had a crush on Colby, or just wanted to be his friend. He could never really tell the difference.

They have played a few more rounds. Most of them being truths, some dares being told every now and then.
Until suddenly

"Sam, truth or dare?" Jake asks. After hesitating for a few seconds, Sam replied with a clear "Dare".
A wide smile began to form on Jake's face at the response.

"I dare you to play 7 Minutes In Heaven with Colby." He said.

Sam's heart began racing. Colby shot a gaze at him. "I'm down if you're fine with it, Sammy." Colby said, Sam was startled by the sudden nickname he had recieved. He nodded, as they both stood up and walked over to the bathroom near the kitchen, locking the door behind them.

The remaining three had followed them, but stood outside of the bathroom. Devyn had pulled out her phone, setting a timer of 7 minutes, to make sure they wouldn't lose track of time.

Colby had picked Sam up and sat him down on the sink's countertop.

Sam was kicking his legs back and forth off of the counter, as the purple-haired man leaned on the wall in front, his arms crossed.

"So, Sam." Colby started. Sam's head shot up from looking at his swinging legs, to making eye contact with the ocean-eyed man standing in front of him.
"Y-yeah?" Sam stuttered out.