7. Bail

THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MENTIONS OF EATING DISORDERS AND PANIC ATTACKS. CONTINUE AT YOUR OWN RISK <3

January 16th, 2021
4:40pm

It has been over a month since Jake and Colby went to jail.
Sam couldn't help but miss them. Colby, mainly.
Yes, he absoloutly adored Jake, even after seeing him exactly once, but Colby held a special place in his heart.

For the past month or so, Sam tried to find more jobs to attempt to bail Colby and Jake out. The only issue was;
Their bail number stood at 85,000$.
And Sam definitely didn't have that type of money.

Sam hadn't heard from Colby in over a month, obviously, and it didn't sit well with him.
He started spiraling back to his depressive state.
He would skip days of college, all for working three jobs at IHOP, retail, and, of course, still as an editor.

His appetite was pretty much gone, and although he knew he needed to eat, he didn't really want to. He knew he should take care of himself better, and not just do his current routinue:

Wake up, go to work, come back home, start editing, go to work again, back home, continue editing, eat a snack, and go back to sleep.

He still had only gotten only 2-3 hours of sleep every night. And his friends were beginning to worry about him.

{Sam}

My phone rang just as I was booting up my computer to start editing.

It was Devyn.

"Yello?" I picked up the call.
"Sam?" I heard Devyn on the other end.
"Yeah? What's up?" I asked.
"I'm gonna ask you the same thing" she said, not respondong to my question.
"I asked first!"
"I don't care." she protested.

She sounded upset.
And I wasn't sure why.

"Devyn? You good? You sound upset. Did something happen with Kat?" I began to worry.

"No, dumbo. Something happened with you. I noticed how you weren't coming to college. I've seen you at IHOP and I've seen how many hours you spend editing. Sam, it's unhealthy. I get that you're worried, or sad over Colby, but you can't live like this. I'm going to try to help you." she explained.

I started to tear up, but I wiped my eyes before they actually began to fall.

"Devyn, it's fine. I'm fine. I promise. As soon as I get to the amount I need, I'll bail Colby and Jake out, and then I'll worry about quitting my other jobs and dealing with shit myself. It's gonna be alright." I responded.

"Sam, I'm coming over right now. We're going to eat. Shut off your computer, I'll be there in five."

Before I could say anything, she ended the call. I sighed as I stood up from my chair, shut off my computer and entered my bathroom.

I looked like a mess. I hadn't showered in three, maybe four days. It was hard to shower when I barely even have time to breathe, but I managed.

I just put on deodorant, brushed my teeth, switched my clothes and put my shoes on as I headed out of my house, to Devyn pulling into my driveway.

{normal}

As Devyn arrived at Sam's house, she pulled down her windows just as Sam walked out and locked his front door.

"SAM!" She yelled
He jumped, and she giggled.

"Jesus christ, hi Devyn" he said in a monotone voice. He wasn't feeling the whole "let's go hang out" idea. All he wanted to do was finish editing the video he's been working on for a day or two, but Devyn insisted, and he wasn't one to say no to his best friend.