10. Bowling

May 16th, 2021
12:45pm

"What the hell are you doing here?" Colby demanded.
"You know her?" Jake asked, staring at Colby with a raised eyebrow.
"Barely. She came into my house today as well. I came here to ask if you knew her, but I guess not..." Colby replied, switching his gaze between the two people in front of him.

Ashley began walking around the house, stopping in Jake's kitchen and opening his fridge.

"Hey, don't touch that" Jake said, stepping towards Ashley, as Colby stood up from the couch.

Jake forcefully closed the fridge door, slightly pushing Ashley away.

She scoffed and rolled her eyes, pushing past Jake and attempting to continue exploring his house, as Jake stopped her.

She jerked her arm out of Jake's grasp, and walked over to the couch, sitting where the men sat just a moment before she had arrived.

Jake grabbed Colby's arm and dragged him into the kitchen.
"What do we do" Jake asked, although it sounded more like a demand.
"Dude, we call the fucking police, that's what we do. She broke into my house, plus she isn't leaving on private property." Colby replied.
"I guess you're right." Jake said, taking his phone out and dialing 911.

"911, how can I help you?" the other end spoke.
"Hi, there's an intruder in my-" Jake started, but just as he began explaining, Ashley got up and walked up to his front door. "I'm going bowling" she said, leaving the house.
It seemed like Ashley was getting far too comfortable with them, even though they had only met that same day.
"Sir?" the phone spoke.
"Hi, sorry, ignore what I said. She just left, I guess. Thank you and sorry for wasting your time." Jake snapped back into the conversation.
"It's alright. Dial back if she bothers you again" the person said, and Jake ended the call.

"What the fuck bro. Why is she so comfortable" Jake asked Colby, who just shrugged in return, walking to the door and locking it.

Jake and Colby sat on the couch again, talking about Ashley and what they had started before she arrived.

After a couple hours of chatting, Colby's phone screen suddenly lit. He looked at it for a moment before picking it up and seeing he had missed a call. "Hold on" he spat out, unlocking his phone and calling back the number.
The other end being picked up immediately, Sam's voice being heard.
"Hey Colby! I hope I didn't bother you or anything." Sam said
"No, you're good. I was just talking to Jake. What's up?" Colby replied, looking at Jake.
"Well, say hi to Jake for me. Anyways, Corey and I wanted to go to the movies and bowling after, do you guys want to join?" Sam asked.

Colby tilted his head at Jake, hinting him to answer the question, which he nodded in return.
"Yeah, sure. We'll be there in around 15 minutes, if that's alright?" Colby said.
"Oh, it's okay! We can pick you up, so you don't have to bring your own car" Sam responded, as an unfamiliar voice, which Colby guessed it was Corey, shouted "YEAH" in the background, followed by Sam's laughter.

Hearing Sam laugh was a thing Colby definitely enjoyed. It would always make him smile, no matter the situation.
"Alright, we'll see you soon, then." Colby said, followed by a quick "mhm" from Jake, as well as an "Alright, see you!" from Sam, right before the call ended.

"I told you I've met them before" Sam told Corey, nudging his shoulder. "Well how was I supposed to believe that my favourite brother-best-friend-abomanation met his idol, just like that?" Corey retorted, jokingly. Sam scoffed, "He isn't my idol, Corey" he said. "Just someone I look up to" he added. "So an idol" Corey pushed. "Not an-" Sam cut himself off with a sigh. "Nevermind, let's just go" he grabbed his keys as they left the house.

"Hey, Sammy" Corey said, as Sam finished typing Jake's address into GPS and looked up at him. "Yeah, brother?" Sam replied. "Do you have... A crush? On anyone?" Corey asked, which surprised Sam. "Uhm... Yeah, yeah I do" he answered.

Corey wasn't taken aback.
He knew Sam had a crush on someone,

and he guessed it was Colby.

"Is it..." Corey trailed off, fiddling his fingers and clicking his tongue.
"Hm?" Sam said as he started up the engine and put his car on Reverse, driving into the street and towards where the GPS was telling him to go.
"Colby?" Corey finished, looking at Sam, who just sighed in response. That's all Corey needed to know.
"Buckle up" Sam said.

A couple of minutes later, Sam and Corey arrived at Jake's address and called him.

Shortly after ending the call, Jake and Colby exited the front door and entered Sam's car.
"Yo, who's car is that?" Corey pointed at the red Toyota parked outside.
"It's mine" Colby said. Corey turned around in the passenger seat to look at Colby, who just shrugged and smirked, as they all started giggling.
"Yeah, Colby gets bitches but not a good car" Jake mocked. "Ow!" he added, as Colby playfully nudged Jake's arm with his elbow.

The four arrived at the theatre, parking the car and entering the building.
"Jesus christ, why's the line so long?" Jake muttered, crossing his arms.
"I'm not sure..." Sam said, his eyes darting around the building at the amount of people there.
"Brother, I don't know about you, but I ain't waiting in these lines. We can go another day." Corey voiced, chuckling half-way through his words.

"Alright, we can watch a movie a different day. Y'all wanna go bowling?" Sam turned around to face the other three. Colby, Jake and Corey exchanged stares and nodded, as Sam shrugged and they all walked back to the car.

Shortly after, they had arrived at the bowling alley, since it was close to the cinema.
As they stepped out of the car and towards the building, Jake and Colby noticed a familiar girl walking out of the alley and towards them.
"Hey guys!" Ashley waved at the four and winked at them.
"Ashley, stop stalking us" Jake said sternly.

"My friend Brittany and I were just bowling. I'm not stalking you" she replied, emphasising the word 'stalking' and pointing towards another girl that had walked up behind her.

"Alright, whatever" Jake replied, "Let's just go" he added, hurrying the other three into the bowling alley, snapping his head back at Ashley every few steps.

"Who's that?" Corey asked.
"Some random fangirl that showed up at our houses. We called the police, but she just left and we thought it would be fine. I just hope we don't see her again." Colby responded, some-what nonchalantly.

"Dude, how are you not freaked out by this?!" Corey questioned, his eyes wide.
"Not sure, I guess we were more freaked out in the moment but... It's not the first time this has ever happened" Jake answered.
"Doesn't really matter now though, right? Let's just go have fun!" Colby said, ushering the group to actually enter the building and start the night.

A few games later, and a few wins by Sam and Colby, the four decided to get some pizza at the bowling alley's resturaunt area.

"What do you guys want?" Colby asked. "Pepperoni, anyone?" Corey suggested, recieving a near immediate answer from everyone else with a clear 'yeah, sure'. "I'll pay!" Sam announced. "You sure?" Colby asked, looking into his mesmerizing blue eyes, and Sam nodded and grinned.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to the bathroom" Sam said in a British accent that the others deemed horrible.

A couple minutes later their pizza arrived, but Sam didn't.
And Corey was beginning to worry.
"Yo, uhh, where's Sammy?" he asked. "He's in the bathroom. Should I go check up on him real quick?" Colby replied, and Corey nodded in response. "Alright, you guys can start eating. I'll be back soon" Colby said, as he stood up and walked towards the bathroom in the back.

"Sam?" Colby called, stepping into the bathroom. "Yeah?" the blonde responded from inside one of the cells. "You alright there, brother?" Colby asked, stepping closer to the last cell, the one Sam was in, and leaned on the wall.

After a pause, Colby heard a shakey breath coming from inside the cell.
"Sam?" Colby asked, his voice laced with worry and soothingness.
"Yeah, I'm here. Sorry" the other responded. "I'm okay, don't worry. I just... uhm..." Sam said, trailing off and not finishing his sentence.
"What? Do you have something to tell me?" Colby asked.

"Yeah. I do, actually." Sam said, unlocking the door and stepping out to face Colby.

"But I don't know if this is the time." He added.