13

Today is the day

Today is the day.

Today is the prom.

And... without a date.

"Nari, we can always go to a party without a date, but I'm sorry I have to ditch you with this one because Jay invited me and I can't pass up the opportunity—"

"I know, I know... you told me a hundred times." Nari groans as she applies shimmer to her eyelids, making her eye makeup stand out even more.

Eunhee gave her a sorry look as she continued to curl her hair with the iron.

"I know you will understand me." Eunhee grins, looking at her, who appears unconcerned about the situation.

They're staying at Heeseung's hotel, which belongs to his company. Because the venue is so close to his hotel, everyone who attends the party gets to spend the night there.

"Is Jay going to pick you up? Isn't that right?" Before putting on the masquerade mask, Nari finally let go of the makeup brush. It's a light beige with tonnes of sparkles that matches her ankle-length dress.

"He'll be here in a few," Eunhee says, nodding. She responds while putting on her black masquerade mask and re-fixing her hair.

"Damn, we look so good, but this mask has to cover our pretty faces." Eunhee pouts, stuffing some of her belongings into her purse before getting ready in front of the door.

Nari gives her a sidelong glance before letting out a small chuckle. "You're too excited, huh?"

"More than excited." She squeals, balling her hand gloves in excitement before putting them on her hands.

"By the way, how are you getting there?"

"I'll go there myself." Nari responds without hesitation, finally ready to leave after putting on her heels.

"Driving?" Eunhee inquires again.

In response, Nari hummed and pulled her car key from a drawer before displaying it to her.

She looked at Nari in shock as she shook her head and snatched the key from her grasp.

"What?" Nari scowls while gently cocking her head.

Her eyes were penetrated by Eunhee's "I can't let you drive by yourself if you're going to pass out soon, how can I? Are you trying to be in a car crash?" She stands there with her hands on her waist, as if reprimanding her daughter.

Nari snatches the key from her grasp, "I won't drink, mom," she jokes.

"How can I trust you?"

Nari sighed and rolled her eyes "I'm not a child, just leave. Jay, I'm sure is already waiting for you." She pushes her best friend to the door, opening it wide to let her walk away by herself.