Chapter Five

It's a new day filled with arguments, happiness, cheering and well for me it's... I don't even know.

Zed asked me and Eliza to help him and Bonzo to hand out flyers to get more votes in for him in the elections. Bonzo is on another part of the school handing out flyers with a cardboard costume of some sort: it has something in zombie tongue on it, I have no clue what it says but I bet it's something like 'Zed for prez' as that's all I've been saying no stop from the last 20 minutes and I'm starting to get sick of my voice saying the same thing over and over again.

"Zed for prez! Vote Zed for prez because I'm a zombie, not a zom-can't be" Zed joked while handing another group of students flyers.

As we started walking away Eliza started reading out what Zed could do when he's president "ok, here's our platform" she said "we fight for zombie toppings on pizza in the cafeteria"

"Oh, like what?" I asked kind of excited to see what toppings we could get.

"Oh, there are so many, like..."

Eliza was interrupted by Zed "Eliza back to the platform"

"Right, of course" she paused going back to her tablet "got zombie tongue taught as a second language"

"I need that" I admitted.

"And then how to overthrow your oppressors after school club," Eliza said with a smile showing her excitement.

"That one is a bit over the top, Eliza," Zed said as we came to a stop.

"Right sorry" Eliza apologised.

"But the most important thing is to allow zombies at prawn" Zed announced reminding us of the main objective.

I suddenly felt an arm wrap around mine "good luck, Mr future president" Addison smiled widely at the boyfriend.

A flashy pink and white cheer uniform came running towards us; it is just Bree. I need to hand in my cheer uniform. Bree stopped running and stopped next to Zed "Zed did you hear?" Bree asked quickly and slightly out of breath "Addi's being tested for captain and she gets to run cheer practice tomorrow!" Bree cheered on the spot.

"It's not a big deal" Addison disagreed making Bree's smile drop to the floor "ok' it's huge" Addison finally agreed but quickly got shut down by the acey's.

"A huge chance to fail" Lacey yelled in our direction.

"If Addi aces this practice, oh my gosh, she's so going to be cheer caption once Bucky wins" Bree rambled on, I kept giving her signals to stop talking as I could see Zed's smile turn into a frown "he's so going to win because you know, elections, they're just like those big old popularity contests and Bucky is super popular" Bree finished with a chuckle but quickly ending with Zed coughing catching her attention.

"Thanks, Bree," Zed said making Bree's smile fade away and replaced with a guilty look.

"I know it's weird that I'll only be captain if Bucky wins but..." Addison sighed.

"No, that just means neither of us can lose, because one of us is going to get what we want" Zed paused slightly "and I can live with that" Zed looked at Addison lovingly.

"Oh yeah, Riley," Bree said catching my attention "I heard Bucky say something about you leaving the cheer team" someone had to bring it up.

"Wait, what?" Addison squealed "Why?"

"I had enough of Bucky's moaning so he told me that I could either cheer for him and no one else or a nobody" I repeated from the day before but leaving out the part of him slapping me.