Chapter Six

Somehow, I agreed to help Zed out with winning over the wolves' votes for the election and to get more votes on Zed's side, but I didn't know we'll it will go down, especially with Willa being the alpha of the pack, it's gonna be hard getting through to her. After we arrived in Zombietown it was easy to find the wolves as they were a massive group of wolves; they never split up, once we spotted the pack Zed, Eliza, Zoey and I started to approach them.

"Win the wolves' vote, win the election, easy" Zed said as we got closer to the pack "hello wolves, allow me to introduce myself, I'm Zed, zombie, football star, and presidential hopeful" Zed extended his hand out for Willa to shake but she just glared at his hand.

"Not gonna happen" I whispered to Zed.

"Ok," Zed said bringing his arm back in, once his arm was by his side again, he nudged me forward making me nearly trip over my own two feet.

"Don't push me Zed" I glared at him making him take a step back, I turned to face the wolves with a smile "sorry about him, we all are hoping that you wolves would help him win the elections for student president as it would allow zombies to be more excepted and so they are allowed at Prawn" I explained but only getting an odd look from Willa and a smile from Wyatt while the other wolves gave me confused looks "eh, you see zombies were outsides as well..." I started again but was pulled back by someone behind me.

"Which is why you need a great president like Zed to represent you," Eliza said gesturing to Zed.

From where I was standing Willa didn't look any more convinced so I butted in "but... we can't make you" I said as I squeezed through a gap between Zed and Eliza but was elbowed hard in the ribs by Eliza.

"You're not helping" Eliza whispered, I held my ribs as I shuffled back behind the pair of zombies. I saw some of the wolves' expressions change from where I stood but the girl with braids suddenly stood up.

"Our pack is our pack, so we don't need anyone else" she explained.

For some reason, Zoey thought it was a good idea to stand up to the girl which only made the girl get into Zoey's face but of course, Zoey being Zoey started to scratch the girl behind the ear making the girl back down a bit and sit back down in her seat but got a glare from Willa "we're nothing like you zombies" Willa stated.

"You kind of are" I cut in from behind Zed and Eliza "your necklaces are powered just like Zed and Eliza's z-band," I said but Eliza stomped on my foot and glared over the shoulder.

"You're smarter than they look" Willa gestured to Zed and Eliza.

"Thanks," I said through the pain.

"Your necklaces keep you from fully wolfing out," Zed said trying to grab Willa's necklace but having his hand swatted away.

"The opposite" she paused "our moonstone makes up our true werewolf selves" Willa explained.

"So, without it, you'll be human"

"No, we'd die, we'd be nothing" as Willa told us about their moonstone, I looked in Wyatt's direction to see he had an upset expression, why didn't he tell me any of this?

Suddenly Wyatt stood from his seat and faced Zed "imagine how alive you would feel if you didn't have to tamp things down" he said making a point.

"I have a theory that Zombies might have evolved beyond our Z-bands" Eliza explained.

Zed went on and on about how great their Z-bands are and how they make zombies fit in, but Willa and the pack weren't taking in any of the information as they just glared at him waiting for Zed to finish. Willa just barged through the gap between Zed and Eliza but stayed clear of me, as Willa walked past, she smiled and me...

----

Do it like the zombies do

Brush your fangs when you wake up
Comb your hair, do your make up
Sleep at night, don't stay up
Do it like the zombies do
Don't stand out when you're fittin' in
When in doubt, do the opposite
Don't listen to him, he's a hypocrite
Do it like the zombies do

All you got do is give an inch, then we gon' take it to the top
Do it like the zombies do

When the moon is full, no howling (awoo)
Don't run in the halls, no growling (grr)
Let's go to the mall, start styling (yeah)
Do it like the zombies do (do it)
Trim your claws, get a manicure
Cut your bangs, leave it on the floor (woo)
Now wag your tail like a labrador
Do it like zombies do

All you got do is give an inch then we gon' take it to the top
Do it like the zombies do, don't stop (do it)
Stand up, stand up, stand up straight, do your homework
Smile a lot when you network
Did I mention no one gets hurt? (No, no, no)
Do it like the zombies do
I hope you're open to my advice
Oh, it's invaluable to us, right?
Huh, sounds like this could be a paradise
Do it like the zombies do

Why should we change?
They should be like us
Yeah, he may eat brains, but he's got no guts
He's gone insane, yeah, he's acting nuts
Come on, we've got moves to bust (woah)
Do it, do it, do it like the zombies do
Do it, do it, do it (do what you wanna do)
Do it like the zombies do (do it like the zombies do)

All you got do is give an inch then we gon' take it to the top
Do it like the zombies do, don't stop

----

All the wolves started laughing and howling as Zed was tackled to the ground by the girl with braids; I really need to get to know their names. Zed groaned as he was pulled up and off the ground by Eliza as she glared at me for not helping as well but I laughed along with the wolves.

"Well, I hope you feel welcome to Seabrook," Zed said as she nudged Eliza and called Zoey before walking off down the street.

"That was something," I said.

"Aren't you gonna follow?" Willa questioned me as she took a few steps closer.

"Unless I want more elbows in the rib or broken toes, no thanks" I stated crossing my arms.

One second, I could see Willa's expression soften and the next all I could see was Wyatt's face close to mine "are you ok?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine" I answered with a chuckle.

"Are they normally like that?" Willa asked as she pushed Wyatt to the side gently.

"Not nothing, it's sort of just happened, you know with the elections" I admitted, it's weird.

Willa just hummed a response "well I'm Willa" she said sticking out her hand.

"I'm Riley," I said taking her hand in mine "I feel privileged as you didn't want to shake Zed's hand" I joked as we let go of each other's hand.

"Is he always like that?" Willa questioned.

"I don't think so, but I think he's stressed about the elections" I shrugged.

Surprisingly Willa warmed up to me quickly and even smiled at me a few times, after a bit of talking I was introduced to the members of the pack apart from Wyatt as I already know him, I found out that the girl with braids was called Wynter; she's a nice girl, skittish but nice and the other members were very welcoming but I can't tell if it was them being themselves or if it was Willa telling them to be nice.

"Well, I better get going," I said kind of rushed as I saw the time and I'm supposed to be home very soon.

"Ok, we'll see you tomorrow," Willa said with another smile.

I quickly said goodbye to everyone in the pack before practically sprinting home as I didn't want to be late as I'll get yelled at again and another lecture about following the rules of the house, blah blah blah.