Chapter Nineteen

It's been around 10 minutes or so since Zed and his family had entered their home with the woman from Mountain College for his interview and loads of people in the street were getting nervous as we didn't know what could be happening or what is being said but me and Eliza are keeping each other positive as we both promised Zed that we'll keep ourselves positive for him just in case he loses a bit of hope from his nerves.

Suddenly, screams were heard coming from inside the house making me stand up from the stairs of a nearby house (my legs were getting tired) and then the college recruiter came running out of the house without any of her belongings that she entered with as she continued to scream, Zed came running out the house shortly after her "wait! Please" Zed begged, the recruiter slowly came to a stop and faced Zed with a scared and guilty look.

----

I know that I may be different
Who that's exceptional isn't
We have a spark that can change things
It's not a curse, it's amazing

I'm Exceptional Zed
And so are all my family and friends
We're artists, athletes and activists
Who always give it our best
And we don't need to pretend
'Cause we won't ever fit in
And we're not just awesome in spite of that
We take pride in that instead
We're all exceptional

----

The recruiter's facial expression changed from fear to a smile as she faced Zed "we'll take that into consideration" she gave Zed a nod, and he smiled at her back.

The recruiter collected her belongings and made her way back to Mounntain college leaving Seabrook on its toes with the mystery of not knowing if Zed has broken the barrier for all monsters to go to college but we're still hoping and wishing for a miracle to happen for us all.

Once the recruiter was gone from everyone's site I ran over to Zed and jumped onto him as he continued to smile widely at the possibility of him succeeding "you did great, Zed" I smiled at him as I let him go but still keeping an arm placed on his arm.

"Let's hope I got in so everyone can go," Zed said as the rest of the friend group join around us.

"You've done your best," I said "and that's what matters"

****

It's finally time to show off our skills as the Mighty Shrimp and win the cheer off and everyone on the team is buzzing with joy and excitement to win the Seabrook cup.

Most of the squad was backstage getting ready as we were on last so it gave us time to make sure our outfits fit perfectly and our hair was in the right places I noticed Addison was missing from the room where we were so I decided to go look for her until I found her standing in the middle for the stage in her outfit and her captain jacket, I made my way over to her "hey Addi, you ok?" I asked.

"Oh, hey Riley, yeah I'm ok just thinking about the cup" Addison answered as she took a step closer to the cup only for her to squint to have a closer look, suddenly Addison had a lightbulb moment as she quickly faced me "Those symbols, that's the alien's language, it's the Seabrook cup," Addison said as she did a little jump on the spot.

"What?" I questioned rather confused.

"That must be where grandma hid the map to Utopia!" Addison explained, "the aliens have to win the cup, or we do," Addison said with a sterner expression.