Chapter Sixteen

Willa eventually wondered off somewhere leaving me and Wyatt to our own devices which we don't mind exactly, we mainly walked around the school grounds with his arm around me, most couples in school don't show that much affection so when you do you get many looks from others around you, but Wyatt doesn't seem to care as he tends to pull me close whenever people stare.

"Wyatt?" I spoke.

"Yes?"

"What do you think of the aliens?" I asked as I looked up at him slightly.

"I don't really know, they just appeared but I don't really like A-lan," Wyatt told me.

"Why don't you like A-lan?" I asked generally curious.

"He keeps looking at you weirdly and he just gives me a bad feeling" he explained.

I suddenly stopped walking; Wyatt stopped as well but came to stand in front of me "are you really mad because he looks at me?" I questioned.

"Is that a bad thing?" He asked back "Riley, you're my girlfriend, I'm supposed to be protective when other guys stare at you as he does"

"I can take care of myself, Wyatt," I told him, please don't let this turn into an argument.

"I know you can" he paused "but we don't know what the aliens are capable of," Wyatt said taking a step closer to me and taking my hands into his "I'm only looking out for you"

I let out a sigh "I know you are" I paused "and if he decides to do anything I'll tell you, okay?" I spoke.

Wyatt gave me a nod in response, I gently kissed him on the cheek. As I pulled away, I saw Zed, Bonzo and a weird-looking machine walking in our distance "what is that?" I said, Wyatt turned in around and saw the two boys walking with the machine.

"Don't know" he answered confused "let's go have a look" he said keeping a hand in mine but letting go of one as we made our way over to the boys.

As we got closer a voice came from the machine, it sounded a lot like Eliza "this is huge. Zed, you did it" the machine said.

"What did you do, Zed?" I asked as we stopped next to Zed. Zed quickly turned around with his hands up in karate positions.

"Oh, it's only you" Zed let out a sigh of relief "I got my college application done before the due date which was today" Zed answered proudly.

"That's great, Zed" I smiled.

"And all I have left is the house interview for mountain college" Zed explained looking kind of nervous.

"Zombie-kind is depending on you," Eliza said through the screen.

"Everyone is but don't stress too much, you'll do amazing," I said while tapping him on the arm as I tried to comfort him.

"Thanks, Riley. It's all on me" Bonzo spoke up saying something in zombie tongue, I'm slowly getting better at zombie tongue but it's still really hard to understand especially when there are many ways to say words "hey, don't worry, man. I got this" Zed said trying his best to sound convincing.

"Hey, Eliza, this is amazing," I said leaning in front of the screen to look at Eliza.

"I know right, can't beat zombie tech" she answered with a smile.

"Definitely impressive" I suddenly felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, I grabbed my phone and saw a message from Addison asking where I was, schools finished already "I got to go," I said to my friends and kissed Wyatt goodbye before running to Zombietown where I'll meet Addison and most likely Bree.