diez

Isabelle

I opted to stay to wait on Bekah while Klaus and Steffy went to Steffy old apartment from the 20s after about 20 minutes she finally shoots up out of the coffin and attacks the guard that Klaus compelled for her.

She looks around her eyes land on me "Izzy? " I smile at her "Hi Bekah" she flashes over and hugs me "oh my god I am so glad you're here, where is Nik?" I shrug "went out... I opted to wait for you instead of going with" she looks surprised "but you are usually glued to Nik's side"

I give her a sad smile "yeah well not anymore" her eyes widen "what happened? after I got daggered?" "It was in the 30s, one day he looked me dead in the eyes with no emotion what so ever and told me that he never really loved me.... that I was just a distraction and he'd be better off without me because love is a vampire's greatest weakness" her eyes widen "no... Izzy, he couldn't have meant that because I know for a fact that he loved you, he was never like that with anyone else.... there had to be a reason"

"hmm yeah he's really good at faking it" she shakes her head "No Izzy you can't be over... you and Nik are one of the reasons that I believe in love the way I do" I give her a sad smile "I'm sorry Bekah but it's true"

"oh sweetie come here" she pulls me into a hug, I hug her back "even to this day I don't get why he would say that to me unless he meant it... I spent so long with my emotions turned off because it hurt too much to have them on because of how much I loved him"

"I don't understand Izzy... he's told me that he loved you, so why would he tell you he didn't when he clearly was lying to you because there was no faking the way he looked at you like you were the most beautiful thing he had ever seen, you can't fake that look Izzy I promise you that it can't be faked"

I give her a look "then how could he say that to me with no emotion at all if he didn't mean it Bekah?" she is silent for a moment "maybe for whatever reason he had, he just needed you to believe him... what if he was trying to protect you from something? From the one thing in this world that scares him"

I look at her wide-eyed "Mikael... That is the only thing that I have ever known him to be afraid of...... I never thought about it that way, I was so focused on what he was saying I didn't even stop to think that he didn't actually mean it"

Bekah makes a shushing motion and flashes away; the boys must be back then I didn't even notice being so wrapped up talking to Bekah. That's when I hear Klaus "Rebekah...It's your big brother. Come out, come out, wherever you are." I roll my eyes as Bekah flashes out and stabs the dagger into him, Klaus lets out a gasp "Go to hell, Nik!"

Klaus takes the dagger out of his chest, holds it out beside him, and drops it. Looking at Bekah "Don't pout. You knew it wouldn't kill me." Bekah glares at him "Yeah, but I was hoping it would hurt more. Especially for what you did to Izzy"

I notice him slightly flinch when she mentions the thing about what he did to me "I understand that you're upset with me, Rebekah...So I'm going to let that go. Just this once. Brought you a little peace offering. You can come in."

Stefan comes in but doesn't show any sign of recognition.

Bekah looks at him wide-eyed "Stefan..." Klaus gets closer to him and compels him. "Now you remember."

He blinks for a moment "Rebekah." Steffy walks closer to her, Klaus looks at him "Stefan." Stefan stops and turns to face Klaus. "I remember you. We were friends." Klaus looks at him "We are friends." Klaus looks at Rebekah. "And now the reason you're here. Gloria tells me you know how to contact the original witch."

Bekah looks at him questioningly "The original witch?" Klaus gives her a look "What do you have that Gloria needs? Bekah touches her neck but realizes her necklace is missing. "Where's my necklace? What did you do with it? I never take it off!"

Right there is when it clicks for me, I knew that necklace looked familiar but at the time I didn't care enough to try and remember where I knew it from, but it was Bekah's necklace and Steffy gave it to his little doppelslut.

Klaus looks at her "I don't know. I didn't touch it." "We need to find it, Nik. Now, I want it back!" well good luck explaining that one Steffy.

Klaus looks at her irritated "Tell me that's not what she needs, Rebekah!" She looks in the coffin but doesn't find it, so she throws it on the ground. Stefan is concerned, and I seem to be the only one to notice it.

Hmm seems that baby brother is hiding something from us. And I will find out what it is and depending on what it is I might just rat him out to Klaus... Who as much as I don't want to I need to have a little talk with him about what Bekah and I talked about earlier.

What if she's right and I've been avoiding him because of a lie this whole time... I need to know the truth, because if what he told me wasn't true then the way he's been acting around me all summer would make sense.

***
We got Bekah with her words of wisdom in this chapter and the next chapter is a serious talk between Nik and Izzy. I will go ahead and tell you that Izzy will be on the Mikaelsons side even though she is a Salvatore she spent most of her immortal life with Nik and his family.