trece

Isabelle

Bex nods at me "well okay then like I said I've had the 'your gonna fix this' talk with Nik so I will make sure he fixes it and we will just have to keep a closer eye on Stefan and see what he's hiding"

I smile at her "of course you have Bex and I do intend to find out what my baby bro is hiding, it's only a matter of time before he slips up and I figure it out"

Then Stef comes back and I smirk at the two "you kids have fun I'm going to go and get some air" and I leave them to their own devices.

I walk out of the warehouse slipping my earbuds in and putting the music on my phone on shuffle and I walk down the sidewalk just trying to clear my head a bit.

And of course, the first song that plays just has to describe my situation perfectly. (PS: It's Believe by Skillet and I legit freaking love this song.)

And I just take a few minutes to sit and listen to the lyrics.

After a few minutes, I noticed someone sit down beside me and I pull one of my earbuds out "Hey Kat"

She smiles "Hi Iz, so how are you feeling now?"

I completely stop the music and look at her "It was all a lie Kat"

She looks confused "what do you mean?"

I look at her "what he told me that night was a lie..... he didn't actually mean it, he was trying to protect me from Mikael but didn't fully think it through before he did it and now I don't know what to do..... I spent 80 years with my emotions off telling myself that I hated him all because of a lie..... and then when they did come back I still told myself I hated him, guess hating him was easier than facing the truth"

Kat looks surprised "wow... I can't say I expected that Iz"

I roll my eyes "right of all the scenarios I played out after it happened that was not one of them and a few days ago I almost caved...This was before I knew the truth about that night. I was so close to giving in to him and the Stefan interrupted obviously not knowing he was interrupting something and it brought me back to my senses and I ran. I don't know what to do Kat"

She sighs looking me in the eye "it doesn't matter what I tell you Iz because we both know that no matter how many times you say you hate him that you don't mean and you're still in love with him, you can try and deny it all you want but it's true and you know it Iz"

I sigh knowing that she's right "I know but I can't do that again... I won't be able to handle that kind of pain again Kat. I had to turn it off after 10 minutes because I couldn't deal with the pain I can't do that again Kat"

She looks at me with a sad smile "I know Iz... but we both know that you'll take him back in the end because you love him" I sigh looking at her "I know you're right Kat but I just don't want to get hurt again."

Kat perks up a bit "I've gotta go but I'll find you and we'll talk later okay Iz?"

I nod at her "okay" then she disappears and Klaus appears in the spot Kat was just sitting "hey there you are"

I glance over at him "yeah I just needed some air, figured I'd give Bekah and Steffy some space too"

He nods "come on we're leaving... Gloria's gone and I need a new witch"

I stand up off the bench "okay then let's go"

I go to walk away but Klaus stops me "Isabelle wait" I turn back around to look at him "what?" he steps closer to me looking directly into my eyes "I am sorry Isabelle" then he pulls something out of his pocket "and I promise I'll make it up to you" he shows me the ring.... the same ring that I flung back at his head that night "if you'll give me the chance"

I look at him surprised "you kept it?"

He nods "of course I did..... take it you don't have to wear it but it's yours it always has been" I give him a slight smile taking the ring from him looking at it then back up at him as he continues "so what do you say? give me the chance to make it up to you?"

I glance between him and the ring again I can't believe that he kept it before I give him a small smile and nod "okay but this is it you screw this up and I am done... I can't and won't go through that again"

He nods "okay" then he runs his thumb across my cheek "I won't mess this up"

Standing there staring in his eyes it's like the world around me just disappeared I smile at him "you know I purposely provoked you back at the bar with the bartender.... call it curiosity but I wanted to see what you'd do"

He smirks down at me "really now love? Were you satisfied with the reaction?" I bite my lip "maybe and just so you know that if my baby bro hadn't interrupted I totally would have let you kiss me"

Nik smirks even wider "Oh really my love?" I nod at him stepping closer to him "oh yeah"

Then Nik leans forward pressing his lips against mine. I melt into the kiss wrapping my arms around his neck pulling him closer to me and as we kissed I felt the familiar sparks fly through my body and the butterflies stampeding around in my stomach.

I feel Nik wrap his arms around my waist pulling me flush against him as I tangle my fingers in his hair. Pulling away after a few minutes realizing that we are in the middle of the sidewalk, Nik rests his forehead against mine.

Nik looks at me a little breathlessly "we should go and check on Rebekah and Stefan" I nod smiling at him my brain still a little fuzzy from that kiss. "Uhhh yeah t-that's probably a good

***
I couldn't drag it out anymore I needed them to make up he is literally so soft for Izzy and I am here for it.