once

Isabelle

We are now shopping for Bekah to get some clothes from the decade she steps out of the fitting room in a short back dress "there has to be more to this dress" I shake my head at her "sorry Bex but there's not" "So women in the 21st century dress like prostitutes?" "Hey, not all woman dress like that" She turns and smiles at me "okay let me rephrase that women except for Izzy in the 21st-century dress like prostitutes? then. You know, I got dirty looks for wearing trousers."

I nod at her "thank you" Klaus rolls his eyes "You wore trousers, so women today could wear nothing." I take the champagne glass out of Klaus' hand taking a sip of it before handing it back to him.

Bekah looks up "And what is this music? It sounds like a cable car accident." Steffy is the one to answer her this time "It's dance music." She makes a face "People dance to this?"

"Hmm." I nod at her "they sure do Bex, personally, I don't see the appeal"

Klaus interrupts us "Are we done?" Bex glances at him "And why are you so grumpy? Well besides the obvious reason" I have to bite my lip to keep the laugh I at that very clear jab. Bex is laying it on harder than I am which honestly, I expected her to do.

Klaus rolls his eyes "I needed one thing from you for my witch to find out why my hybrids are dying, one thing. Your necklace. And you lost it." He completely ignores the jab she made at what he did to me. I love Bekah so much she is literally the baby sister I never had.

Like Bekah could always talk to me about anything and if she wanted it to stay between us, I never told a soul.

She looks at Klaus and gets all sassy "I didn't lose it. It's just been missing for 90 years." I chuckle "oh Bex the sass is real" she turns and winks at me as she looks at Steffy "so what do you think?" "I like it." He tells her very disinterested, I roll my eyes "it's cute Bex but totally not your style"

Bex is giving Steffy a look "What? I said I like it." She shakes her head "I can always tell when you're lying, Stefan." Then she looks at me "thank you, Izzy, at least your honest with me" she walks back into the fitting room as Klaus looks at Steffy "Nice one. Good work."

Steffy scoffs "You're the one that pulled the dagger out of her."

"I heard that." Bex calls out from the fitting room Steffy looks at Klaus "All right. I'm going to get some fresh air." He gets up. Klaus pours himself some champagne.

I take the glass from him again, "you know you could get your own glass?" I shrug "ehhh don't really feel like it when stealing yours is so much more fun" he rolls his eyes "whatever" I close my eyes for a moment "we need to talk Klaus... But not now to many prying ears... Yes, I'm talking to you Bex"

I hear her mutter "damn... I was hoping you would forget I was here" I shake my head "not a chance Bex" I see Klaus looking at me curiously.

Klaus sent Bekah ahead back to Gloria's and turns to me as we walk down the street "you said we needed to talk what about?" I roll my eyes "out here is probably not the best place being as one of is more than likely going to lose their temper and it will most likely be me"

He rolls his eyes "fine... the warehouse it is" a few minutes later we walk into the warehouse where the rest of the coffins are.

I turn to him "why?" Klaus looks at me "why what?"

I narrow my eyes at him "why did you lie to me? Bekah and I had a little talk after she woke and it makes sense all of it" I hear him let out a sigh before he looks me in the eye "I needed you to be safe and for that to happen you couldn't be near me and I knew you wouldn't have left me willingly, you would have fought me on it and I needed to protect you so I had to make you believe that I was telling you the truth, it was the only way you'd leave me"

I can feel the tears welling up... Damn emotions "I didn't need you to protect me" "it was Mikael Isabelle I wasn't going to let him get close enough to hurt you, so I pushed you away so you'd leave me and he wouldn't have a chance to get to you or even if he did get to you he couldn't have manipulated you into telling him what he wanted to know because you wouldn't know"

"You could have explained it to me... you didn't have to go about it the way you did, we could have split up until he didn't know where you were and we could have met back up but no you had to go the painful way...... God, you might as well have just ripped my heart out... I flipped it about 10 minutes after it happened I couldn't handle it... It just hurt too much. I kept it off for 80 years without a care in the world and then you pop back up in my life and there they are for the first time since the 30s poking their ugly little heads back up and no matter how hard I try I can't push them back down this time"

He walks over and lifts my head up to where I am looking at him "I just wanted to keep you safe... I wasn't thinking about how in trying to protect you, I was the one really hurting you" I try and push the tears back "well maybe you have thought about when you pushed me away...... maybe if you had this might have played out differently" I flash out of the building leaving him there alone.

I knew it was coming and I wasn't going to let him see me cry. I feel the tears fall and for the first time in 80 years, the walls that I built up after him all come crashing down.

***
Yikes poor Izzy just can't catch a break, can she? but this conversation marks the beginning of rebuilding Izzy and Nik's relationship. Everything on her side has been put out in the open well almost everything.